Making this topic to show what i managed to create after i achieved the point i wanted to. It's not often used template so hope you will enjoy checking it out.
What's the idea?
I was kinda bored of looking on Sampires. Wanted to try out if another way of fighting is possible at some higher level like soloing Bosses. I decided to create Paladin Warrior. And of course Necromancy does not suit Paladin, same goes for Bushido. So the idea was to use only 120 Chivalry skill.
- Using Chivalry Skill Only (No Bushido, No Necromancy)
- Casting Divine Fury every 23 seconds
- Using FC and FCR with Protection spell to remove curses to survive 0 Resisting Spells
- Using Healing Skill
- Using Shield and 1H Sword
- Using as many as possible items which have no Durability / are not destructible
- Using Metal Armor for Stamina loss reduction
Blue item name means it is Artifact from loot, Brown means it's Blackthorn items. The only crafted item are Weapons. As you can see i got +153 points to stats from items (and Pestals), so overall its 260+153 = 413 points. Sometimes i use potions but only when needed to get more Dexterity. All skills are set on 120. Resisting Spells are 0 because it's total waste of space since i can remove Curses using Remove Curse spell / Apples and remove Paralyze by using Trap Box.
As you can see i got 145 Hit Points, 154 Stamina and 111 Mana.
- 2 FC and 6 FCR for fast casting - helps keep running spells Divine Fury, Consecrate Weapon (for non Slayer Encounter) and whats the most important casting Remove Curse spell during fight
- overcapped physical resist for keep running spell Protection - with it Remove Curse spell will never fail during fight
- 19% Kinetic Eater
- 20% Soul Charge on Shield
- Reactive Paralyze - love seeing Blackthorn Captains and other opponents being Paralyze
- 15 Mana Regeneration 7 Hit Point Regeneration, 7 Stamina Regeneration
- 30% HLD on suit
Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence
- I regenerate Hit Points using 81% HLL Weapon + Bandages at 120 Healing skill and 120 Anatomy skill
- I regenerate Dexterity using 50% HSL Weapon + 7 SR + Casting Divine Fury every 23 seconds
- I regenerate Mana using 81% HML Weapon (100% HML for non Slayer Encounter) + 15 MR + 20% Soul Charge on Shield
My base Broadsword Damage is 51-67. Mostly i use Armor Ignore hits which gives me 201 Damage max. For opponents with lower resists i use Broadsword's second Special Attack: Crushing Blow or Scimitar's Double Strike. As area weapon i use Radiant Scimitar with Whirlwind Attack. I got 50% Hit Lighting and 50% Hit Energy Area on it. In future might make an Radiant Scimitar Super Slayers but i don't feel i need it that much.
- Not using Bushido but using 120 Chivalry skill only which means i cannot reach damage cap without Super Slayers. I can cover it a bit by using 50 Hit Lighting on weapons and spell Consecrate Weapon (+15% Damage at 120 Chivalry).
- 42% LMC and only 5 Mana Bonus Reduction gives me 15 Mana for AI hit, and 30 for next. 111 Mana and 20% Soul Charge and 15 MR helps chain AI. For Super Slayer 81% HML seem enough and for non Slayer Encounter i need keep running Consecrate Weapon + 100% HML on Broadsword.
- Need to keep high Karma (~22000)
What it can do
Champion spawns and of course some bosses like Stygian Dragon, Slasher of Veils, Medusa, Corgul the Soulbinder, Night Terror etc. For example Navrey can be done like this: stone rain - 4min of fight - stone rain or 10-11min from begining to end without stones. Stygian can be killed in 15min, Slasher in 30-40min. What's more i can easily solo Blackthorn Captains on this setup. The key is of course HLD on suit and Hit Lighting weapon which leads me to Damage cap. This template can tank Blackthorn Fencer Capitan with 120 Healing and 120 Parrying. Tanking Night Terror with 0 RS is also not a problem because as i said i can spam Remove Curse spell.
This template seems very flexible. It's easy to change some things like increase Stamina, lower Mana for specific situations. What could be done better, in more hi end way:
- 30% Kinetic Eater
- Getting more stats for using Longsword instead of Broadsword - need 55 SSI or 180 Stamina
Pictures from battles, most were solo encounters
It's very very very fun char to play it. I recommend it espacially for Soloing Bosses or coming to EM events. Its very survivable because of Healing skill. People mostly are amazed how good it can be without Bushido and Necromancy. Most of them never tried such template. It is also fun to play it because there is much going on around me: i need use Bandages, cast Remove Curse, keep eye on Divine Fury / Consecrate Weapon and Armor Ignore hits. Battles are hot and very entertaining. Also fast casting makes Paladin look very spectacular in Battle. I just love it.
Template is being updated all the time, changes are small but i always progress when i get appropriate items. Article is also being updated.
PS. thanks to CorwinXX and other Stratics people for guides which helped me a lot building this and learning about UO.
Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Hello Guest! On January 27th Stratics will be brought down for an extended maintenance period. This period may take upwards of 12 hours to complete. Please check the thread in the Announcements forum for more details.Dismiss Notice