1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Templates and Tactics here!

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Poo, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Poo

Poo Grand Poobah Staff Alumnus

true.

it dosnt reduce the speed.
    but it does give you 100% chance to res and high chance to cure leathal nox.

but..... BUT...... i thought you ALSO needed anat at 120 to get those perks?
  2. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

Here's what I'm running (or will be once he's skilled up) right now on Siege:

Musicianship
    Discordance
    Archery
    Tactics
    Chivalry
    Bowcraft/Fletching
    Tailoring

I tried to make him a true combo character with crafting, barding and combat all in one. I'm also on a 3 month old account so GM is the max I can expect for quite some time.

I depend a lot on the free 20% from being a humie! ;)
  3. Poo

the disco archer is a template i run on a couple shards and im very fond of it.

but bowcraft?
    hehe

youd do better to sink that 100 points into bushido for the lightning strike and confidence heal and the honor bonus's

but i understand, skills slots are at a premium on siege.

but without LJ your high and dry anyways, no, cause ya need someone else to get ya the wood.
    supose you could use JOAT to get wood.
    but without arms lore your bows wont have any DI to them.
  4. Ned888

Ned888 Seasoned Veteran

So, I took your advice to a point and dropped the Tailoring:

Musicianship
    Discord
    Archery
    Tactics
    Armslore
    Bowcraft/Fletching
    Chivalry

I have been using the Human 20% lumberjacking successfully for a couple of weeks now. I won't get the super snazzy woods from the trees, but I can buy those from others. I was more concerned about being able to craft at GM+.

It's working out pretty well so far!
  5. Remy Blacktoe

Remy Blacktoe Visitor

Here's my current Bard template. I've always been a big fan of "pure" templates, which seem to be a dying breed these days. Also, I want him to have the highest luck I can mash into his suit at the cost of resistances but hey, bards are supposed to be nimble and not in the fray! Also note that I will be doing a lot of group play with my dad, old veterans since that fateful January 2000 day when I picked up The Second Age. I'll be doing a lot of support.

120 Musicianship
    120 Discordance
    120 Provocation
    120 Peacemaking
    110 Magery
    115 Meditation (Hope to get to 120 someday)

He's still in training. Just now in the one-teens discordance and slowly inching up to legendary. After that it's onto provoking and then peacemaking. Just thought I'd share. :)
  6. evil randy

evil randy Visitor

Im almost complete with my mystic bard:

120 Discord
    120 Peace
    120 Music
    120 Focus
    120 Mysticism
    100 Magery
    30 Meditation

I use colossus to do the majority of the fighting while discording and using peace to stay safe. Magery is mainly so I don't use up recall scrolls and for the occasional Resurrection for a paser-by.

As you might guess, mana regeneration is kinda rough. But built with the proper suit its not too hard stay alive.
  7. Here's my template on my Disco Tamer

115 Lore (+5 Tally)
    110 Taming (+5 Tally)
    100 Vet
    120 Music (+10 Sleeves)
    120 Disco
    120 Meditation (+30 from jewels)
    100 Magery (+15 book)

He's also 70/70/70/70/75 FC 2/FCR 6 LRC 100 LMC 39 MR 16

I recently stoned peace to add Med. I found myself not really using peace during battle. I added the Med to I can keep the disco masteries going and leave enough mana regen for heals and cures. It's been working well so far. This is my first bard and I'm actually enjoying these skills!
  8. startle

startle *Campaigns to allow changes to Stratics Pro Banner Stratics Pro

Hey Poo!

Mind posting your Disco/Tamer template pls?

;)
  9. Poo

120 disco
    120 music
    120 taming
    120 animal lore
    120 vet
    120 magic

suit is all 70's with 100 LRC and 40 LMC and 30 MR with some other goodies on it to make up for the lack of med and focus.

i have that template on pretty much every shard (except HK servers) give or take 10 points into magic ($$)
  10. KupalaUO

KupalaUO Visitor

110 Music
    110 Peacemaking
    110 Provocation
    100 fishing
    100 scribe
    110 magery
    Rest in meditation :)
  11. BeaIank

BeaIank Lore Keeper

I have been having lots of fun with this disco tamer template:

Animal Lore 115 (120) (+5 from talisman)
    Taming 90 (115) (+ 20 from jewels + 5 from talisman)
    Veterinary 120
    Music 100 (120) (+20 from jewels)
    Disco 90 (120) (+30 from jewels)
    Mage 100
    Meditation 90

Right now I am capped at 705 points. When I have 720, I will likely bump med or magery.

This works great with a party of two tamers. I take a GD for tanking, the other brings runebettle for corruption and other pet of preference for damage.
    Disco + runebettle corruption means the poor monster goes down VERY fast. :)
  12. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend VIP

Pure Bard = 4x 120 True skill
    +120 Meditation
    + 120 Magery

Typically Run Peace Mastery and then head down to shame to Provo and Disco Mobs.

The Combination of Peace Mastery songs usually provides enough healing and damage blocking not to get interrupted, as well as keeping me alive long enough to successfully provo after a number of fails.

Mystic Bard
    120 Provo
    120 Music
    120 Mysticism
    120 Focus
    120 Wrestling
    120 Alternating between Meditation and PeaceMaking

If I get a RC up, and leave it to do damage, I will typically run invigorate and inspire.
    If I wasnt to use the RC as well as cast spells myself, then I'll swap out meditation for peacemaking and just go with inspire.
    (With the mana cost reduction from both Peace and Provo I can keep both songs going at the same time for quite a while, if I'm not casting spells)

Ninja Bard
    120 Peace/Music
    120 Wrestling
    120 Meditation
    120 Ninjitsu
    120 Magery

Typically this bard I use to support my guild in group PvP. Peace masteries lower damage taken and provide good regens for the group, while I can suplement that with Magery for Gheals/Gcures, and curse/poison and para spams. Wrestling is for stunning blow and disarm, and ninjitsu is for running away , mirrors if dismounted, and death strikes while chasing people down. This template is pretty fun, but completely useless outside of group play.

Tamer Bard
    120 Peace/Music/Disco(Someitmes switch Provo for Peace)
    105 Taming/Lore (+15 Each from Gems)
    100 Magery
    70 Meditation.
    Depending on what I'm hunting I switch between Provo and Peace. AoE peace is great for getting my dragon out of scraps and peace masteries help him tank better. But at the same time combining provo masteries the extra damage is not too shabby, and it gets in some extra healing. Can't say I have a favorite though I lean more toward peace for saving my tamer when he becomes the target.

I have a couple other bard templates, but I'm still building those bards, and I can't speak to how well they work yet.
  13. Poo

what.... no disco archer or thrower archer!

im disappointing and more then just a little shocked!!!
  14. nottmwizard

nottmwizard Visitor

Hi all,

my current template is:

120 Music
    120 Disco
    120 Provo
    120 Magery
    120 Medi

then I have a choice of 120 Eval or 120 Peace, which is the better option?

Shezzy
  15. Poo

Eval if your gonna be doing direct damage.

peace if you want the bard mastery bonus and can get use to using mind bolt and EVs and using your masteries to do your killing for you.
  16. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend VIP

You know a Disco Provo Archer with Chivalry and mana leech, running the provo masteries might be an interesting template. Would be putting out about 110% damage multiplier with EoO Consecrate and Inspire, and also get 40% damage increase that could be saved on the suit.

That's gonna go in my weird template to try queue.
  17. Botak

Botak Visitor

I have :

Peacemaking 109.3
    Provocation 107.3
    Fishing 100
    Magery 100
    Musicianship 100
    Eval Int 94.9
    Discordance 74.7

Could you give me some advise on my fisherman bard? Just reactivate my account so a bit confuse with lots of changes.
  18. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat UO Forum Moderator Staff Moderator

Nets and dungeon fishing would be the only reason I can see to have bardic skills on your fisher. It really depends on what you are planning on doing with your fisherman. Is he going to be used to do things other than fishing? If so, I would probably drop peace and add meditation. You can also use soul stones and plat different templates depending on what you want to do at the time. There are a lot of tweaks that can be made which are dependent on how you want to use him. I have 2 fisherman but since this is the Bard Forums I will PM you with the templates.
    Botak likes this.
  19. startle

Hey DLL, there are probably lots of Fishermen here in the Bards forum that would love to see your templates (I know I'm one) and would have zero problem with you posting them here for us... Fork 'em over.....
  20. DreadLord Lestat

It doesn't truly belong here but since things are so quiet I will go ahead and post them.

I have 2 fisherman

1. Mage/Fisherman/t-hunter
    12o Fishing
    110 Magery (Reptile Slayer spellbook for sea serpents/deep sea serpents)
    110 Mysticism (95 real +15 ring)
    110 Eval (95 real +15 ring)
    100 Focus
    100 Cartography
    100 Lockpicking

2. Archer Fisherman
    120 Fishing
    110 Archery (Reptile Slayer Imbued Bow and Bow of the Juka Lord)
    110 Tactics
    110 Anatomy
    100 Chivalry
    100 Focus
    soul stones
    110 Music
    110 Disco
  21. Gb8719

Gb8719 Journeyman

Just switched from a pure bard to this template. So far, so good. Been using for basic Shame farming runs and haven't attempted to push my luck versus some harder opponents in the game. Also haven't attempted much other than the slow moving and non casting mobs [Golems, Mud Eles, etc.] in Shame.
    I may be looking into developing a new suit sometime soon with the new changes in LMC on heavier armor and now that I'm running focus for mana regen instead of Meditation.
    Also debating on the idea of dropping magery lower [I really like using it for Invisibility so still high enough to not fail at this] and taking a little bit of meditation to help with Mana regen.

Mystic Bard:
    120 Music
    120 Disco
    120 Provo
    120 Mysticism
    120 Focus
    115 Magery [too cheap to buy the 120 Magery PS]
  22. dupapa

dupapa Journeyman

I run

110 animal taming
    110 animal lore
    100 vet
    100 magey
    100 provo 120 jwls
    100 disco 120 jwls
    100 music. 120 jwls

I try to have as much mr on suit as possible.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
  23. startle

I take it those are all "real" skill points? Why 120 Magic without any Eval?
  24. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Certifiable

I crafted a suit with 30 MR for my bard-tamer.

145 int, 200 mana (with elf bonus), 30 MR
    100 LRC, 40 LMC, 2/6 casting
    -15 mage weapon, +15 mage on the ring, 45 DCI
    70-70-70-70-75 resists
    120 STR, 135 HP (would be 150 STR/HP with potions)
    14 DEX, 15 Stamina
    Artifacts: mana phasing orb, cloak of power (need to buy), tangle, corgul's sash, cloak of rejuv (need to buy), Hephaestus
    DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  25. skaven

skaven Sage

Could you please get a few screenshot of your suit? And some hints in how to build it ( i bet you reforged ALOT)?
  26. dupapa

dupapa Journeyman

Wow thats pretty nice... too nice to running around on siege ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
  27. DreadLord Lestat

I can't speak for Poo but I would imagine that its so you don't fail at summoning ev's and the other summon spells. They don't hit as hard without Eval but with Peace, you can run without the eval.
  28. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Certifiable

I haven't UO on this computer so I can't post screenshots.

The suit really doesn't contain high-end items:
    3MR * 6 armor pieces
    4MR * 2 jewels
    SC no penalty, 15 DCI, -15 Mage weapon (so angry animals don't hit me very often).

The rest 4MR are from Tangle, Mana Orb, Cloak of Rejuv. It would be better to get 4 MR from Garb and LT sash and get more room on jewels but those artifacts are too expensive. it's just a training suit for my char with 70 Taming and 94 Disco - I'm not even going to buy Cloak of Rejuv at the moment.

Taming is going up very slow - may be 2.0 points per hour. It seams it will take me several months to train this char.
  29. Shaunus

Shaunus Seasoned Veteran

Discordance120.0120.0
    Evaluating Intelligence120.0120.0
    Musicianship120.0120.0
    Spellweaving120.0120.0
    Magery110.0110.0
    Necromancy80.060.0
    Spirit Speak40.040.0
    Meditation30.030.0

Str110110
    Dex2727
    Int148148
    Buffs from spell weaving and my suit = 180 sdi
    wraith form for unlimited mana
    21mr, 40lmc, 100lrc
    2/6 casting
    115 hp
    180mana(human too :D)
    20stam
    Useless information : Disco, corpse skin, evil omen, flamestrike = 700+ damage to white wryms haha