Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonoma PvP thread v4.1

Discussion in 'UO Sonoma' started by Lord Hunter, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Busters

Busters Journeyman

About 5 months of no trash talk? What happened to the shard? lol. Just stopped in to say hey to Bill, Bear, Asha, and Trin. This is WyldChyld. I am hoping to get back to playing here soon, hopefully there is more action going on in game then on this thread. ha
  2. Poo

Poo Grand Poobah Staff Alumnus

4H

sadly there isnt!
  3. Trompe Le Monde

Trompe Le Monde Visitor

If you're looking for your friends, its likely they've moved to Atlantic. I know asha plays there, plus a lot more from sonoma. And more from other servers everyday. I moved there a month ago when I came back, after looking for action on sonoma during prime time for 2 weeks, and seeing nobody.
  4. Asha

Asha Adventurer

YO WYLD! ITS ASHA! WHEN YOU GET BACK ON GET ON ICQ AND ICQ ME MY ICQ NUMBER IS 476648209 :) I PLAY ATL SO YOU CAN ALWAYS LOG ON OVER THERE AND GO TO GEN CHAT AND ASK FOR ME SOMEONE WILL FIND ME IM SURE TELL THEM ITS WYLD AND THEY'LL GET ME! LATER BUDDY!
  5. Poo

4H

thats right my pretties, theres no fighting here.... move on so i can do all these champs with no one to pester me.

no fighting here, go to atl, leave old Poo alone.

/jedi mind trick
    EMWillow likes this.
  6. ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 27 21.21.gif

Kirk, you're such a mouth for a WAKA. I thought waka was good? Only 8 tiles away from the gate.... you should have ran faster.... haha
  7. Where'd everyone go? You left me with this wanna be group of wish they were real waka to own? Thanks I guess... So why does Calisto aka Runsalot, think she's good? Someone please enlighten me... She wont fight me one on one, everytime I find her, or another waka solo, they call in at MINIMUM one more... I've fought them 5 on 1, and they just leave. They're pathetic. Where's the real waka? Please come take your stone back and lets have some real fun.
  8. Bc-

Bc- Adventurer

Anyone know if Trin is still around? Can't get a hold of him on ICQ.
  9. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed

Hey folks. Just dropping in to see how things are. Haven't played in a long time. Is WAKA still the power on Sonoma?
  10. Vexxed

Vexxed Slightly Crazed

LoL Snake.... Waka was a ZERG on Sonoma but that was all. They honestly weren't / aren't even a presence on Sonoma. Even a year or more ago the best that could be said for Waka was that they COULD field like 12 -15 people. Most of the time however they simply has 1-2 stealthers *cough cough* that slinked around the shard 24/7 & IF they found something you'd pull 12-15 people from a bunch of different shards for a grand total of 15 minutes at which point you'd all switch to another shard. I can't recall how many times there would be a fight & you guys would ZERG it out only to disappear before people could log on alt chars.. Lets be honest Snake, the whole point of PvP is "THE FIGHT" & you & Waka did everything you could to insure that would never happen. Calisto in particular was never one to fight outnumbered... Anyway fact is people can do whatever they want on Sonoma 24/7 & have been for almost 2 years.. I can go looking for trouble & find 1 person in a day...
  11. Widow Maker

LOL... you still mad about being driven off the shards we came too? For Heaven's sake.... it was not that bad... you and your folks (can't even remember your guild's name..shows how much you impacted the shard) just weren't that good...at all. But anyways...I am not playing anymore..just dropped in to say Hi. So... Hi Vexxed.
  12. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Lore Master

do the people left on sonoma think that the faction nerf ended pvp on this shard or did most players just migrate to atl due to the activity there?
  13. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Sage

4H

Both. I personally haven't been playing due to RL circumstances. But when I do play it's on Atl.
  14. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper Stratics Pro

Hello Newbs :]
  15. Poo

4H

we should get a bunch of old sonoma players together and go take over some shard.
    we could get KMS, One, Sugar and Spice, DOM, a bunch of the old WAKA and COP guys, maybe some of the other zerg guilds over the history of sonoma.
    we could make a force and go take over some other quiet shard.
    hehe.
    course once we started the battle someone would miss a heal and then the infighting would start and then it would just be a all out butchering of each other.
    soon the other shard guys would just be standing around watching us kill each other.

but for the 5 or 10 seconds it would be something to see!
  16. Widow Maker

LOL... quite likely true Poo, but it would be very interesting for a short time..
  17. Widow Maker

Just dropping in to say Hi again. Good to see the game is still continuing and evolving. I wonder if my castle and such fell..what I would give to watch THAT idoc. Hope all are well and happy. Peace.
  18. DrVenkman

DrVenkman Adventurer

Yeah...Idocs woot
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  19. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master

the landscape it is a changing.
  20. DrVenkman

DrVenkman Adventurer

Just going to give a quick report on what sonoma is currently like in fel. Waka Cop and Scam are all gone, peon sometimes still shows up and some waka show up. PAS and SOS are spawning alot and getting raided as well but they seem to play odd hours too so they get away with alot of spawns too. TB is the pvp faction now and TB pretty much kills everyone, and raids PAS and kills waka/devlin at idocs. Peon shows up to duel us sometimes as far as cop goes, and scam is just nonexistant.It is pretty much just me and my guildy Blossom fighting each other everyday.That is all. Btw this post is not a post of me saying oh we ran everyone off shard and you all suck, it is simply me stating the facts of the current state of sonoma pvp, Come by sometime, and fight some TB we are bored, i own the tower right next to yew gate and you can catch me either on Drunk Man, Incorporated, Carribean Jack, Darth Vader, or Phantom, and if you see any of my teammates they are all looking to pvp as well. Hopefully Waka or Cop make a comeback because we are waiting every day for it. Peace.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    keel likes this.
  21. Vexxed

Vexxed Slightly Crazed

Darth summed it up nicely. Gah....I still havent caught pass spawning yet. Oh the fun. ATM im just suit tinkering & preppingnfor pub 81.; Should be interesting...
  22. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master

i wondered who was in TB with us.

i get on my red, go out for a run.
    dont see anyone.... anywhere.
  23. Sonoma PvP has been bad for the last 3 years o_O
  24. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Sage

4H

I'll be back this summer or early fall to raid. Sadly I don't have time to log in let alone redo suits and get my pvp skills back up until then.
  25. DrVenkman

DrVenkman Adventurer

Well i tried to bring some new life to sonoma pvp but i am heading for atl. It has been 6 months now since ive been back and there is just simply no pvp whatsoever left on sonoma.
    All the main pvp guilds that made sonoma pvp what it was, currently do not exist i even have the cop guildstone from kms castle idoc so im pretty sure things will never pick up again, it is over and most likely permanently. {Unless you enjoy killing pas and sos over and over}
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

26. hahaha Maybe it is time to turn Sonoma into a scroll farming shard for bigger and better shards.

I logged on to Sonoma a few nights ago to see if it was worth coming back to and all I got was a few smart @ss responses, which reminded me why I left.
  27. YourWooWoo

YourWooWoo Visitor

Hi Sonoma!

Yes I am back! Running with Darth in TB. Playing on ATL mostly but would love to see WAKA and others back out to battle it out for shard dominance! I'm pretty sure you all would hate to see Woo Woo #1 again so lets get this shard back to the SCAM COP WAKA days!!! Smack talk 24/7, constant fighting, and BLUBIE KILLING!
  28. Vexxed

Vexxed Slightly Crazed

Sup Woo woo... It's Peon. I'm still around on Sonoma as I'm sure Darth has told you, but busy IRL more now with the 3.5 yr old & work / house life etc. Hit me up on ICQ 4983180
  29. YourWooWoo

YourWooWoo Visitor

Had fun killing N^F last night. Especially dueling the only other red mage on Sonoma I've seen besides me Darth and Peon (Darth and I won multiple times of course =D). You guys should come out more often! We would love to fight you guys anytime anywhere. We don't care about the numbers we know you guys can field 2x 3x our own (only 2 of us =P).
  30. lol loser

lol loser Adventurer

I AM ALIVE! HAHA! Woowoo how do i get ahold of you?
  31. Vexxed

Vexxed Slightly Crazed

I can give you Woo Woo's ICQ number though I don't know how much he's logging on if at all anymore...

372536565 is WooWoo
  32. Yea. Sureeeeee you own the shard. ;) Yea, sureeeee we can't kill any of you 1v1. haha Did you guys even get a kill against us that whole fight? Not including all the blues fighting EM Willows dragon? They weren't with us and lets face it, the average trammy can't pvp. They don't count. This wasn't even half of the kills... There was about 3x as many. Was that a 6 vs 2 of us? Or 8? I forget.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  33. Skunk

Skunk Sage

BREW

Just had a bare knuckle fight at the Yew moongate with Tony the Tiger. He paid me off to throw the fight, I had fun though. Good entertainment for my visit to a new shard.
  34. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran

had a nice brawl last night eh :) good times in despise and fire! We really should get all sos/rott/sqsh in one vent and one map, it would help a lot but we are not too serious about it, just fun to fight sometimes.

I just have to ask tho, bear left us because we were a zerg, yet he joined waka and is now getting steamed rolled while outnumbering us. Have to ask WTF bear, your a great dude but wtf! LOL ;)

I know we can pull numbers quick but realize that the majority of us are 3 different vents, g and g is from baja or pac or something and is hard to get organized with us, sos/rott/sqsh aren't that big, sos I am not sure the depth, but Rott has 3 members and sqsh has 3. You can cry zerg but when we get steamrolled we don't come back 2x as strong, in fact we usually loose people, or they trickle back in because there is no organization.

All in fun tho! Let's keep the fighting intense and frequent!
    EMWillow likes this.
  35. As always, this is just a small sampling of the huge amount of waka dead bodies from the last few days/week. I have probly 200 or so new images I could post, but most waka really make me feel bad for killing them, and I'd feel like a jerk if I posted 100 screens of VaultRock and Jezabel dead. ;) Oh and Kirk Hammet and WreckItRalph... ouch... I guess saying you wanted me to play a mage wasn't such a great idea after all. Careful what you wish for.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  36. Same as above, and just as funny. ;)

Attached Files:

37. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran

I may have to stop being a part timer, looks like I missed a lot of fun! ;)
  38. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie

Wow, how long has it been. I am surprised my forum account didnt expire. Is peon still around? His last post was from last year.

UO is like frozen in time, and its a good thing believe me.
  39. WarUltima

Oh and some trip down the memory lane good times
    welcomebackPain.JPG welcomebackPain.JPG wakaharrykilled.JPG

Attached Files:

40. WarUltima

Wow back in the days stratics didnt have this cool ass thumbnail function.
    At least people can complain when I "spam" all my 1 v zerg screenshots now.
    Anat.JPG grinch.JPG 4v1.JPG votchi.JPG wegoagain.JPG zakagain.JPG superman.JPG newbassup.JPG IRINv.JPG

Oh dont get me wrong, just saying hi Sonoma.
    Anyways the picture of the week on stratics homepage, I believe it was me and Peon chaining 17 spawns in a row and the gold piles were stacked beyond show all can cover.

I cashed in over 2.5 million from just bag of sending the gold piles. Had to go down there with MANY bags of sending... Peon didnt even bother with the gold... Peon: "Its pocket change I dont care".
    Good times =)
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014 at 5:21 AM
  41. WarUltima

42. Vexxed

Vexxed Slightly Crazed

Yea good Times... ME aka PEON.... Still around and still playing... though I did take the last 9 months off for BF4 (aka 400+ hrs deep) and recently just started loggin on to play again. Still around though NEO.. PM me here and I'll reinstall icq soon.
  43. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran

NEO as in the guy who keeps 'attended' mining at my house?