Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Diffrent build

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by VazTheSpaz, Feb 20, 2008.

1. VazTheSpaz

VazTheSpaz Visitor

animal lore
    animal training
    chivarley
    archery
    tactics
    lumber jacking
    bowcraft
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Archer/tamer, huh? Well, I personally would put veterinary in there, unless you're confident you can keep up your pets' health through chivalry alone. Of course, putting veterinary in there means you have to put something out.
  3. VazTheSpaz

VazTheSpaz Visitor

i am hopeing to keep my pets health up with chiv but i know nothing of the game just bought it
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I see.

Well, I'm not the one that gives advice on making the ultimate super duper killing machine, the template of all templates. I'll just say this: make a template YOU are comfortable with. Then experiment.[​IMG]

One of the best ways to experiment is test center. Or you can try it on a production shard and hope it satisfies you.

In any case, an archer/tamer template is viable. Some tamers, including myself, have taken it up and found its niche.

If you want to see an example of an archer/tamer template, here's mine.

115 Archery (couldn't afford a 120 scroll...)
    105 Animal lore (... so I put my extra 5 points in a random skill)
    100 Animal Taming
    100 Veterinary
    100 Tactics
    100 Chivalry
    100 Focus
    -----------
    720 total
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Seriousy you would do well to move the LJ and bowcraft to a diferent character. I say this because you realy need the carpentry skill on a LJ to make boards form the colored logs you will eventually chop. This will allow you to add in vet and also some magery for gating new pets to the stables. Speeking of stables if you only stay with taming and lore you will only get 3 stable slots untill you GM thoes two skill. Here is the break down of stable slots.

Everybody 3 stable slot to start
    240 skill points combined tame, lore, vet = 5
    Every skill at GM, 110, 120 will get another one per skill milestone for a max of 14 stable slots at 120 in all three skills.
  6. VazTheSpaz

VazTheSpaz Visitor

Im trying to stay away from magery. But replace vet in and something esle sounds good
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

i'm sure someone will say you can just use items, but i'd suggest focus or med, otherwise it will be a hard road to keep up heals
  8. VazTheSpaz

VazTheSpaz Visitor

I got lore training tracking chiv archer tactis, what else shouldi get to complement what i already have?
  9. here's my build that i absolutely have fallen in love with, first time tamer

120 archery
    115 taming
    110 lore
    110 vet
    100 tact
    110 bush
    75 chiv

and with items i still have 40 points left over...need more 120's
  10. Kurgan

Kurgan Visitor

Sounds like you are making Grizzly Adams...

[​IMG]
  11. LOL

It does...

It sounds like he played WoW, where everyone is a crafter. In UO, you have Artisans and you have warriors, but people can still be artisan warriors. Most people specialize... through hybridization... if that makes any sense lol