UOCartographer is a map that lets you track your friends (mainly used for pvp), the map works for both clients.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- A fully patched version of Enhanced Client (even if you're only using Classic Client)
Download and install UOCartographer.
Then please carefully follow the setup instructions below.
Open the map, you'll receive error messages stating unable to locate maps, click OK through them until you're faced with just a black map.
- Users of Windows Vista/7/8/10 need to right-click map icon and click Properties, under the Compatibility tab check Run this program as an administrator.
Check 'Use EC Maps' (keep checked at all times regardless of client)
Under EC Path: click the ellipses (...) and locate where the Enhanced Client folder is installed on your machine then click OK (normally located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced)
Under CC Path: leave blank.
(enter Server Address details)
- Restart the map, it will convert files, and the map should work for Classic Client. Still not tracking you? Some users may need to reboot windows.
To add the labels download UOCMapAdditions.zip and open, Extract all files to the UOCartographer folder that has automatically been created in My Documents (not the folder in Program Files).
then FOR ENHANCED CLIENT:
After following the first setup instructions.
- Pinco's UI users: simply open User Settings in the uo game client, click Options tab, under Atlas, check 'Enable UO Cartographer/Mapper'
(normally located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface)
- Non Pinco's UI users: need to create a new folder inside the "UserInterface" folder where the Enhanced Client is installed,
download the UOCartographerMod.zip and open, Extract all files and folders to this newly created folder. On the Login to Ultima Online screen, click Custom UI, select the new folder and click OKAY
****For those who are hosting the server for your friends you will find the server program already packaged with the UOCartographer installer.
Depending on the directory you installed it, you should find it located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\UOCartographer\UOCServer.exe
****To add new lands from a new publish or update snow effects:
Ensure you've updated the Enhanced Client (regardless of what client you're using), then right-click the map, Options...
Please read the setup instructions carefully, in options Under EC Path: click the ellipses (...) and locate where the Enhanced Client folder is installed on your machine then click OK
- All I see is a black map.
The maps are converting in the background even though windows tells you it's not responding, be patient and leave it running.
- Cartographer stops responding when it starts to convert maps.
Please read the setup instructions carefully, you need to run the map as administrator. Also check that the map is set to use the correct client in options.
- I see everyone however the map is not following me.
You're using a non legal UOAssist equivalent, however the fix is to ensure you have patched both CC and EC.
- The map is following me however it always shows me in trammel.
Make sure you've extracted all the folders and files of the mod to the correct directory, so the mod files should be located in:
- I can't get the map to work on EC
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\New folder\Mods\UOCartographerMod
Please double check you have the correct address, port, and password.
- When I go to connect to my friend's server, nothing happens.
Update the EC (even if you're only using CC) then in the map options, click Rebuild.
- The map is working, however it doesn't show the new lands.
Right click the map and check 'Borderless' and 'Always on Top'
- I can't see the map in the background when I'm playing UO.
Install WizMouse, makes your mousewheel automatically work on the window under the cursor.
- When I want to zoom in/out with the mousewheel, I have to click on the map, scroll, then click back onto UO.
Greetings Guest!!Dismiss Notice
In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!Dismiss Notice
Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?Dismiss Notice
Comprehensive setup instructions