1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

“I’m really confused about the whole vendor penalty thing. How does that work?”

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ferrut, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Ferrut

Ferrut Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Great FOF, loved it, other than one thing!

As I've said before, I think there are some real issues with the new vendor penalty system, that really need fixing!

1) Items are being charged that have been on there longer than 24 hours. I am not sure exactly how this is happening, but it seems pretty common from previous posts.

2) The charge does not seem to effect items in a container, if you take the container off. (You can put a high charge item in a cheap container and take it off to avoid the fee)

3) You can get around the charge by buying it with a second account, then swapping the item back.

4) You might also be able to just let the vendor go negative, and recover items from the sign every day.

Hopfully something better can be suggested, or produced by the good development folks, as currently it seem there are various exploit type things that make this great attempt at a fix for a previous exploit not quite as good as its seems to be... unfortunately :(

2. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Great post, IMO.

I do wish they could fix the old items getting charged a penalty, as well as close any obvious and maybe not so obvious loopholes with the new Vendor Penalty system.

That would be terrific.:hug:

3. laurlo

laurlo Guest

hopefully they'll fix any issues they are having as soon as possible...I am sure being relatively new there will be bugs for awhile.

4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I sent a message to a couple of Dev's about it last week and earlier this week.