1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

1 Gold Coin = 65534 Gold ????

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kyrie_Elaison, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Just broke out my beggar and was given 1 gold coin that looks like a regular stack of gold. When you go to move it you get the slider bar gump that maxes out at 65534 gold.

Has anyone seen this yet?

Please don't move to the beggar forum, as nobody over there has responded to this.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

hmm .... are you sure it's not "-1 gold coins"

3. Here are some screen shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Neat! I want one!

5. I have about 20 of them in my pack in the last hour. :D

6. Syfka

Syfka Guest

Yes i have some as well it is something that i guess was a bug from back in the day that was just left in the game you can only get them from begging

7. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How much gold you see in staus sheet?

8. Not sure what you mean.

9. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You should see gold total, near your luck, resists an other stats

10. Oh gotcha. It shows that each one is only one gold. I tried going to different shops and they showed the correct amount of gold as well.

I know there used to be a bug that showed "1 gold coins" as a stack, but I've never seen it where the slider gump came up with a huge amount of gold attached to it.

11. *nods* tis an old old old ooollllld bug thats been around the block more times than j'lo, just a normal gold coin you get from begging, makes nice house deco tho. just dont store it in your bank other wise it will be spend just like any other gold coin :)

12. Do they sell on vendors?

I have a bank at my house that I can use them to deco with, other than that they are kind of useless to me.

13. you could sell them on a vendor but its not worth much :) pretty easy to get them.

14. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Less karma = less gold acquired from begging.

Really low karma = negative gold acquired from begging.

Negative gold = bugged stack. Hard to explain why you get those particular values without giving a long lecture on how computers handle numbers.

You can put the piles in your bank and convert them into a check if you like. You'll get one gold per stack.

You'll actually find that the glitched stacks you get aren't all the same value. The Cloak of Corruption is useful for those who wish to try it.

15. So what happens when you try to split the stack?

16. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have no karma, and I have yet to see a bugged stack. Would negative Karma have any effect on it?

17. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Negative karma = less then no karma.

For best results, you want to take it as low as you can get it.

18. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

But not into the negative, right?

19. I had a stack of ingots that did this... visably it showed one ingot but when you go to move it there was over 57k.. was neat!

20. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

They can be obtained through other means; however it would violate the stratics rules to post the exact how to manual.

21. It won't let you.

22. I know something about an endless water pitcher that can be obtained by other means as well, but as you said it would violate the stratics rules to post about it.

23. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You don't seem to be understanding me. When I say "you want it as low as possible", I MEAN as low as possible - as far down into the negatives as you can get it. Outcast/Dread levels. Put a Cloak of Corruption on for an hour or something, that'll do the trick.

24. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That's very clear.

Now, having very negative karma, would that affect which items I get from the Heartwood elves?

25. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I used to have stacks that were the opposite... Showed a stack of ingots but when you moused over or tried to separate any it showed 0 ingots.....

26. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

To my understanding, no.