1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

1 gold coin

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Serine, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Serine

Serine Guest

When i logged on this evening my house hade around 100 stacks of gold . It says 1 gold coin but when trying to move it shows as 65353 gold . Was damn annoying and took me forever to to toss them in trash barell ... Anyone know what this is about ? :confused:
  2. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 26, 2004
    Begging with negative karma gets those sometimes, along with single gold coins that won't stack. The 'piles' of gold are only worth i GP if you try buy things with them, I may use a couple for deco if they lock down but other than that, they're just an 'oddity'.
  3. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    (conjecture and speculation follows which may or may not reflect reality)

I suspect 65535 (2^16-1) is the largest number the stack-count variables can handle cleanly.

The game usually puts a cap on the range of stacks at 60000 for nice readability. If something slips through (eg: the begging anti-gold bug mentioned by UOKaiser and Aurelius), the game can get confused in some calculations and flip over the top. Even the "1 gold coin" is the client going "wait, that number doesn't make sense, uh, let's call it '1'".

My opinion is that its best to dump them - they're more trouble as a something-broken that they're worth as a novelty.
  4. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 21, 2006
    yep saw that at luna today in europa i trashed them thinking it was some sort of exploit