1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

1 Spell over rides a skill and your whole suit

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Omnius, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Evil Omen. It's the spell that negates an entire skill or your whole suit of armor's resists.

Isn't it about time we shortened the duration of this spell's effectiveness or the ridiculous efficiency that makes it so over powered?

It doesn't need to cut magic resist to 0. reduce magic resist's effect by a third and it's still fair. Don't let it cast a 70 dmg flame strike, thats simply absurd.

9 out of 10 times a melee char encounters a mage, the mage has evil omen pre casted...

It seems ridiculous that we're still standing here with the problem of players needing to carry around lock boxes to pvp because otherwise they get paralyzed for the next twenty years.....

You allow it to replace any need for poisoning skill by mages and you let it reduce other skills to nothing.

Why don't the devs do something constructive and reduce item dependency in pvp, having to keep 50 boxes on hand in my house because i know my lock box will be gone if i die seems a bit absurd.

2. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

hate this spell too, 120 resist dont even stop it:/ :cursing:

3. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

EO does enough without also reducing your resist spells skill.

They should simply remove that part of the spell and it would be fine.

4. QFT

5. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

umm...
    just a quick question...
    who told you that you had to PvP ?

just wondering.

6. Inspector

Inspector Guest

Why don't you stop crying about evil omen and carry a trapped box if your so worried about evil omen + paralyze there is a way to counter it, stop being lazy and get some trapped boxes but IMO you would probably still die.

7. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

ROFL it makes me smile when people post about evil omen, learn how to pvp. honestly...EO isnt overpowered, you just can't pvp or something because ive never had a problem with it.

8. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Let me guess, you like to use evil omen... There is a problem with it, not as much as some people on Stratics say, but there is still a problem.

9. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Why don't we start a poll and see what happens?
    Rather simple, like 3 options:

1. Omen Resistable, effects when you resist it negotiable
    (Possibly : Shorter duration, lessened effects, totally resisting it like the Poison spell)

2. Omen as it is, people forced to once more resort to tricks and items to fight back.

3. I'm gonna write a 2-page post about how there should be another 90 options on the poll to suit everyone and their mother so don't mind me.

10. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

FFS not another one.

Yeah I don't like having vulnerabilities, either. My char wears armor but im STILL taking damage from people's weapons! I have 120 resisting spells yet SPELLS kill me all the time! I don't like being poisoned, we should remove that altogether. Curse is a nuisance, better get rid of it. Why does my char only have about 100 HP? I can't even melee a Balron with that. I need at LEAST 2000.

I'm vulnerable to death in real life, why should i be in a game that i PAY to play?

11. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

I'm not certain that evil omen needs a nerf, but I am positive of one thing. Shortening the duration of evil omen will probably have little to no impact on the spell's effectiveness.

IMO, anyone who pre-casts evil omen probably doesn't know what they're doing. With 3/6 casting it's an extremely fast spell that is easily chainable with a number of other spells. Acutally, one of my favorite ganking combos (when I'm in a many on many fight and not the target) is explosion flamestrike evil omen. The flamestrike hits BEFORE the evil omen even though it was targeted after.

If you're staying EO'd for long enough to have a spell timer expire, your killers aren't executing their combos well imo.

12. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It doesn't cut magic resist down to 0, cuts it down to 50%.

Yeah, but it does suck

13. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No trolling, no personal attacks, no GTFO's or the like. Please.
    Or else.

14. Gellor

Gellor Guest

Snicker... make magic resist worth something and take trap boxes out completely.. then fix evil omen:p

Complaining about how overpowering EO is because you don't carry a trap box is like complaining how overpowering poison is because you don't carry pots.:wall:

Nope, I don't play a necro on any regular basis nor a dexer.:p OTOH, I don't hang around newbie gate... err Yew gate:thumbsup:

15. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I do play a necro from time to time. I also play scribe mages and dexers that fight other necros. Never had a problem with it. Never will.

16. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

The point is why should someone who has invested 120 skill points in resist spells have to carry a trapped box to defend themselves against EO?

EO has enough other effects that the reduction to the target's resist spells skill should be removed.