1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Carpentry] 100% elemental damage?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by JoO, Mar 21, 2010.

1. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just started playing again. Someone told me 100% elemental damage didn't count as a property when you used a runic anymore? IF that's the case and I still wanted to use a runic to attain that mod what intensity is it considered ie: what runic level would it take to craft it. Thanks.

2. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

As far as imbuing goes , it does not

3. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Dull copper or heartwood runics.

-Lorax

4. Gelf

Gelf Guest

lots and lots of them

5. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

really? wow that seems harsh on the wood side lol. Thanks for the replies.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Any runic can create elemental damage weapons. It's not counted as a runic property, anymore - just as a side effect of crafting an item with a runic (so if you used a Shadow hammer that gives 2 properties, you could get 2 properties plus elemental damage as an extra).

7. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ya. Maybe it would have been more fun to have added a slight modifier success chance based on the location an item is crafted since carpentry and fletching don't require a "next to item" for crafting. The developers could have had us craft next to lava for fire damage modifer or around snow for cold damage as examples.

Another idea would be to spice up ML talismans to add in percent modifiers up to 100%. So maybe I do a quest and get a 100% Fire damage modifier or chaos damage modifier or 60% random damage modifer.

The best way to get 100% carpentry or bows is from looted items. I remember some coming from peerless, but you would only get 450 max intensity.

-Lorax