1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

11/2/15 Dev Meet And Greet On Chesapeake Transcript

This is a transcript of the Chesapeake Dev Meet and Greet that took place on 11/2/15. The dev statements are color coded for easy reference.
  1. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

Riyana submitted a new Article:

11/2/15 Dev Meet And Greet On Chesapeake Transcript

Read more about this article here...

Captn Norrington and old gypsy like this.
  2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Only question on imbuing was about artifacts, and... They say the reward isn't great enough. It'd be greater than the "reward" of getting those artifacts as is, at least.

Dot_Warner likes this.
  3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

So after reading all this I only have one question.... What do you guys (@Kyronix, @Mesanna, @Bleak) have against Gargoyles? They can't wear the Tiger Stuff... Can't wear the Robe... Why have they been left out?

Obsidian and HoneythornGump like this.
  4. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Not being able to alter items that have an equivalent gargoyle graphic is a bit silly...like the shadow dancer leggings...

We get that Hawkwind's robe has a special graphic, but that's a poor excuse to make it unalterable. Just have it alter into fancy gargish robe. Problem solved. (Shadow dancer leggings can become gargish leather legs)

Also, what Ender says about imbuing artifacts is true. The "reward" is completely in the eye of the beholder. Furthermore, when Imbuing was released, most anything under 500 weight COULD be imbued, so we know there are no technical hurdles to overcome. As for "balance" that's kind of a silly excuse, seeing as most of the old artifacts are seriously anemic.

5. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

A certain little goblin was less than happy with the response to her gypsy wagon question... especially after Mesanna said they might give the goblins "little red wagons". :(

6. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

I'd like to clarify some things written about me from that transcript. Stratics does not have a "head person under owner" so it cannot be me like the person said, that's just not the way the website structure is organized and I am not sure why that was even mentioned. Also, the person said they are my "head emissary" which is not true. The person has been removed from the guild for multiple issues that have happened recently.

old gypsy likes this.
  7. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

I think we were all taken by surprise by that. And can you imagine Mesanna getting involved in all our little in-game dramas/misunderstandings? The poor woman would be working 24/7... :p I think she handled it well.

Lord Frodo and Captn Norrington like this.
  8. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So not one player on Cheesey asked about the Chiv changes????
    Wow......just wow....

9. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

Was I the only one who was confused why someone was talking to mesanna about a guild issue?

I applaud her for how she handled that.

10. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Bless you for speaking OOC on the forums. Bless you. :D

old gypsy likes this.
  11. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

Do I sense an aversion to the goblinese dialect? :p

Uvtha likes this.
  12. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

In game, I'm fine with anyone RPing how ever, but on the forums... it can be a bit much. Not just goblins, anyone who types in a funny dialect, or in character.

railshot likes this.
  13. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

I know. I was just amused by your comment. :)

Uvtha likes this.
  14. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

You know I don't even mind it on Shard forums and really in RP forums it's perfectly acceptable, but in a broad general forum, I personally find it at times a bit on the discourteous side. We're a community of varying play styles, and I try to make every attempt to respect that. When dealing with members of the RP community in game, I assume a persona fitting my character, which is and remains consistent with the adventures I've taken Him on.

Even on the forums, if a thread is RP in nature I'd do this if I had something to contribute. But say here on UHall or in our Stratics Bug Reports forum if someone has an issue, I don't want to have to spend time deciphering the fictional dialect they write everything in before I can attempt to assist them. If someone doesn't have English as a primary language, since I don't speak any other fluently, no problem I'll happily exercise patience with them to resolve their issue. But write it in Goblin, Orkish, or Clown Shoe-ese because you elected not too, then you're just making things harder on me and yourself, because you elected to create a greater potential for miscommunication.

Promathia, railshot and Uvtha like this.
  15. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

used to be in the tos that posts were required to be in English (or an english translation provided)

when did this change? i messaged ron bron about it and he said it didnt matter since we were switching (at the time) to the new site with a translate feature.

16. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hmm... given the stunning results from Google translate at times, I'm not convinced this will end well....o.0