1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

11 year player, leaving and giving away 2 rare house on LS

Discussion in 'UHall' started by blerick, Feb 18, 2009.

1. blerick

blerick Guest

I started play UO on LS in fall 1997, I left LS when SP shard was born, and haven't been back to play on LS since then. However, I have 5 grandfathered houses there, 3 are just junk and can fall. Two are unique and I will give away to anyone who might want them.

Since this was prior to trammel, both are in fel. Both are the small one room houses.

First house moonglow 42.11 N 136.08w just east of glow bank can actually see it from the fence just east of bank. This house was placed 02/22/1998 and is to my knowledge the oldest continuously placed house on LS. So, just a piece of UO history.

Second house city of britain, 10.22s 21.09 E yes totally within the city, just southeast of the provision shop in east britain. There was a brief period(bug) that allowed people to place houses within city limit in britain. This is the only house left there. placed 11/04/1998. might be of interest to faction player who would like to be able to enter a house and log safely after getting signal.

I will give this to whoever wants them and contact me first. Yes, give mean 0 gold and 0 $$$.

Blerick icq 9282728

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

don't want your houses, just to say sad to see another veteran leaving

safe journeys to you

3. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

Ditto

Sorry to see you go:(

Ken

4. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

are you leaving the game altogether, or still be playing on seige alone? if leaving the game altogether, then i will join the others in saying i'm sorry to see another vet player leave, and to wish you good luck in your future journeys.

5. blerick

blerick Guest

I am closing 2 of my 3 accounts, actually moved to origin and left SP when it was born. Both my shard changed happened with new shard births, guess I like character development. The only reason I am leaving the one account active, is in the hope SA gets released. I am actually playing another game, while I wait and see what happens with SA. The minute I hear EA has shelved SA due to their current layoffs and financial situation, I will close the last account.

6. blerick

blerick Guest

So I guess you could say I am playing a month fee, toward SA development as I certainaly am not play UO right now.

7. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Can I have your stuff on Siege?...la

8. blerick

blerick Guest

well, that same account does actually have a keep on SP also that will fall, it does have alot of stuff in it., bunch of 110 to 115 power scrolls, lots of those old armor and weapons with those magic mods, like invis, teleport,curse etc.
    it will be idoc, for those on SP, if I hadnt had to read all those la la la's over the years, I would let you have that stuff, think there is over 50k of each reagent in there, lots of ingot, leather etc, it will idoc in about 3 weeks

9. Asmodai

Asmodai Guest

lol that hurt.. la.

10. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i will take brit house if still avail. thanks

11. TheScoundrelRico

*cries*...la

12. blerick

blerick Guest

armed4fun,,, have you seen the house so you understand what it is,, really these houses are history on LS, and very small, almost 0 storage,, they really are for people with multiple accounts who are collectors of rare things. not for a new account that is looking for a free house as those people do not want these,,, the only reason I ask is I have had alot of icqs from people who didnt understand what these 2 houses are.
    If you have looked at it, then sure its still available,,, I only posted these so someone who apprecicates what they are, can have them. I would hate to transfer them and then 2 days later see they are gone. Grandfathered houses when transfered, lose their grandfathered status, and become your primary house, and you will lose any current house in 7 days. icg me if you are still interested? icq 9282728

13. canary

canary Guest

hahahaha!!!! ... la

14. 4th3ist

4th3ist Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Why drop the grandfather status? Give the account to someone you trust to hold it until for the rest of UO eternity.

15. blerick

blerick Guest

I have played UO for 11 years, the one thing I have learned is that there "Is no one I can trust"

16. omggrok

omggrok Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hate to see a vet go; I'm the opposite - been here since about 2000, played for around 6 years, then had to stop/play very briefly due to college/etc.

While I've already got a house that I'm keeping, I'd hate to see those pieces of history go (I remember the days of housing anywhere - friend got me into the game around 98/99). Almost makes me want to start 2 new accounts, heh.

That all said, any piece of history you have (be they EM items, oddities, rarities, or even just books of UO history) would be appreciated. The house I've been keeping is (work in progress) a museum to such items - while I only have a few seriously historical pieces, I aim to broaden this collection for all players like myself (miss the old days) or others.

Again, sorry to see you leave, and hope SA comes soon enough to keep you here at least in part!

17. Limlight

Limlight Guest

I just started a character on Siege and am working him up. Can I have some Siege stuff?

I mainly play Atlantic so I dont need the house.

18. Kayne.

Kayne. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

sad to see you go. And sad to see lime begging on the streets again! (had to) ... la

19. Aboo

Aboo Guest

My sister (Devil_Woman) and I may have some stuff on Siege that we can help you with also.

20. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I wish you well Sir.

21. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hey !!! Just Bank ya best Items on each shard uve played ... pretty obvoius and pretty easy to do!!! ... just makes it easier when u come back again in 2-3 or 4 years time... We will still be here waiting!! playing!! enjoying UO.

22. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Always sad to see an elder leave ... and I hope your journeys are safe wherever they lead you (well, unless you'd prefer dangerous journeys).

I have mixed feelings about grandfathered houses ... they are a nice slice of history, but I have to admit a part of me feels they shouldn't outlast the player who originally had them.

23. blerick

blerick Guest

Once the grandfathered house is transfered, it will lose that status and become the primary house of whoever gets it.

I am keeping my accounts and have banked the stuff I want. Just letting them go inactive. I was only offering those 2 of the 5 houses I have here on LS as they are very unusual, in there locations and that one is probally the oldest player placed house on LS.

24. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ah good ... well, safe travels until your path swings back around then :)

25. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

be well, i will set u up if ever needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Budweiser

Budweiser Guest

QFTW

Sorry to see you go. I play Napa and Pac or I'd take a house off your hands...

27. blerick

blerick Guest

Just a followup,
    It appears that I have have found a collector type individual that wants them for the reasons I was offering them, so I will transfer them to him.

On the SP keep, I am going to try to locate the NEW guildleader and arrange for NEW members to be at the keep as I drop it.

Blerick

28. TheScoundrelRico

Nice...la

29. blerick

blerick Guest

Oh, btw, I was teasing about all those la's, I actually found your posts mostly fun to read and on target on most issues.

I do remember NEW when I was playing there and this did seem like a resonable and good thing to do.

30. 4th3ist

4th3ist Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Be careful, don't make rico mad.. rico gets crazy... he will steal you're house as soon as you drop :p

31. blerick

blerick Guest

ok houses transfered and in good hands. Thank you all again, happy hunting in UO.
    signing out will not be following thread as of now.
    bye :)