1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

11th Anniversary Gifts

Discussion in 'UHall' started by gandolfofaol, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Maybe they are trying to limit the patch sizes and are planning to release a 11th and 12th anniversary package in one patch!!

2. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

The anniversary gifts are generally "eye candy stuff" like bells and such aren't they? It's not like everyone's going to get a metal dye tub or something.

3. gandolfofaol

gandolfofaol Guest

One man's eye candy is another man's gold mine (or woman's) :)

4. I'm hoping they will add a dishing stump and hitching post. :bowdown:

Although the dishing stump was used for making curved armor pieces, it would be nice if they added a special feature to it, like maybe an increased chance to smelt higher grade ores or something. If you have the skill you should be able to smelt any ore (just like using lumber), but that's another issue.

Everyone knows what the hitching post should do. I've been asking for one of these for as long as I can remember. :sad4:

5. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

I'd love to see a Hitching Post but I doubt that would be an anniversary present... it would be more likely a Vet Reward for something like year 5-10 somewhere in there...

6. Doh! I'm so engulfed with having Vet Rewards that I didn't comprehend the "Gifts" at the end of the title.

:loser:

7. RoseBlue

RoseBlue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I like eye candy :)

So we'll get anniversary gifts?
    GREAT!!! !!! !!! :heart:

8. Akalabeth

Akalabeth Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I was just hoping so much for anniversary gifts. I even kept two accounts extra going on the hope it would be something good. Of course, I have now canceled them with no hope of gifts on the horizon. I still hope some show up at some time. I love presents. :)

9. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Last year we got the green tokens that were more than just eye candy. Not that I expect anything like that this year. I would like to know approximately when they will arrive, because I ahve a couple chars I want to delete and recreate, but I did that last year right before the anny items and the new chars did not receive any gifts.

10. RoseBlue

RoseBlue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If I may have a suggestion... (that I know most ppl won't appreciate...:blushing:) :

Why not give us real nice presents, but only give them to really playing characters? (I mean...not to characters especially created to receive the gifts)

Just an idea (maybe not a good one but........mine:) because I'm too lazy to create the characters, receive the presents, then delete the characters...:D)
    -and, also, that would make them "rare".

11. PASmountaindew

PASmountaindew Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It might be nice to see Jeremy come in here and confirm those quotes seeing that anybody can claim they are quotes from an e-mail from her. Until they are confirmed by an EA/Mythic Rep those quotes are worthless.

12. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

I love the crew working on UO. I really do. But...why any delay in the celebration? It does happen the same day every year! Or at least do it on the weekend of! Trust me, my wife/kid(s)/mother etc would get pretty upset if I forgot their special day!

Step yer game up!

13. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

That's what I don't understand. How can they not have something in place with a whole year in between to plan? Is it that difficult to stick some items in a box? If art is a problem, there are plenty of items in existence that could be used as gifts and not just for the anniversary. Christmas is around the corner. Why not consider using the alternate snowflake and/or the white poinsettia? Rehue something. Take an existing tree, stick some snow on it and put it in deed form. New tree and without ornaments, no reason it couldn't be used throughout winter. Or some of the snow covered plants that you see on Ice Island.

For Halloween (and cooking (BIG HINT)): ingot + brown + label = "A Chocolate Bar". New item! Makes the players happy without taking much effort or time from the team and work on SA. :D

14. Masuri

Masuri Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Because they are lazy and cheap.
    Because they don't care.
    Because we don't cancel.
    Because they can.

15. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I can understand your sentiment, but I truly hope you have occasion to eat those words within the next two weeks.

16. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Was this crudeness really necessary?

17. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I assumed at this point they just had a button they pressed to dispense cakes,candles, ect.

18. Masuri

Masuri Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I do too! But sadly, the words would still be true of their attitude about the game, and their disinterest in important events like these, in the last few years. It's not like this is the first time we've had cause to be impatient or sullen. :D

19. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps we can agree to disagree. There are often large differences between what can be perceived and reality. Your original post indicated a broad based absence of care and commitment for the customer base of UO on the part of the Dev team.

I put it to you that it is the DEPTH of care for and commitment to the customer base and the quality of the game-play, which will bring us a 700mb patch and has been responsible for a lack of posts here and elsewhere by members of the team.

Blame the suits for not creating quantity of team if you want, but lets not go and bash the quality of the team we got.

20. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

you got an answer to an email send to jeremy... amazing .....

im still waiting on a response with more info than " Let me ask the team that handles it and I’ll let you know! " thats a month old and no mail since... so the I'll let you know part is kinda ... well I'm sure you get it....

21. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

The button doesn't have EASY on it in big letters so it's confusing to use. :lick:

22. Xel Naga

Xel Naga Guest

Oh you want their easy button huh?

[​IMG]

This is their replacement for actual intelligent GMs that know how to read a petition instead of clicking tab to the next gm ticket and hitting their easy button to reply with this.

23. 11th anniversary? UO had an 11th anniversary? I must have been drunk.

Wasn't it around the 12th of September? And not even a IOU CARD in my backpack?

Oh, wait, let's remember, what was that 10th anniversary like?

Go get your own gifts... They are out there somewhere?

24. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I dunno, I didn't mind having a reason to go into those dungeons again. Plus some of those drops were pretty cool.

The heritage tokens certainly weren't to be sniffed at, either.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!