1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

11th year vet reward: Retouching Tool = Ethereal Mount Tool?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fink, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

The vet reward gump lists a "Retouching Tool"
    UOGuide lists an "Ethereal Mount Tool"

Are these the same thing?

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes. Not sure what else to add to this thread.. *dances*

3. Fink

Fink Guest

Danke. :thumbup1:

4. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

While we are on the subject, whats one of these worth in terms of gold? I may be looking to get one on Origin.

5. Fink

Fink Guest

It still doesn't work for characters under 132 months, but I'm told it should. Half of my characters on that account still show 131 months. I'm not sure how much gold they return.

Side note: I may never take my "real" desert ostard and ki-rin out of the stables again..

6. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Tool works fine for everyone, when i use mine (I am not 11yrs) I still get the message that I must be 132months or whatever.. but I can still access the tool after double clicking.

7. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Seen them for sale from 30-40m

8. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

A kind person on the Catskills shard let me barrow their retouch tool, my account is not yet 11 years old, and it worked just fine. I retouched two horses. Like Fink, I don't know if I will ever use my "real" horses again!

9. altarego

altarego Guest

Actually I got one just for fun.

When I get bored, I head on over to Luna bank and offer ethy retouching for free.

It's a great way to get a conversation started. And I have to say, etherialized chargers look so awesome. Solid swampies are cool too.

I just wish they allowed us to place a hue or two on the retouched mount.

10. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It would also be cool if these things could be locked down like a dye tub for all to use. It is my understanding that it needs to be in your pack to use. The one I used was passed to me to use and then returned promptly to the owner. This can be a bit scary when dealing with strangers. Either passing your mount to the owner of the tool to the tool being passed to the owner of the mount.

Selecting a hue or two would be a great addition.

11. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

With the armor and weapon engravers. Or even the dyes, maybe they could get some trade window targeting. Thinking on it, the ability to make a one shot deed like the repair ones could be a safe way to help others without chance of loss.

12. altarego

altarego Guest

Maybe. But I generally hand them over my solid llama (which is so cute!) as collateral. So they're less likely to think I'm gonna run off with it. Regardless, the whole point is to introduce interaction in the game. Kinda like how blacksmiths used to be. I'm old enough to own such an instrument; I think it's pretty obvious I don't need or want yer stuff.