1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

12 Days of Christmas Event

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Luka Melehan, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

You know, we don't have to wait until the devs release the Christmas content. To hell with them! Let's do our own Christmas! I need 12 volunteers to have an event. It can be anything from duels, to vendor specials to giving gifts. Silly or serious, it doesn't matter. And don't worry about scheduling everything before Christmas. We all have RL Christmases to deal with too. Let's stretch this out til Jan 10.

Those who volunteer, title your announcement post with something like: On the first day on Christmas...(and keep track of what day we're on!)
    Make sure you put it on the calandar too, we need all the exposure we can get! I'll cover all the ones I can with a short news article, but I will be out of town and sans net for all of christmas week. If someone can at least get me pics of those events, that would be super!

Now lets see some Christmas Spirit!

2. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

On the fifth day of Christmas, my KoC gave to meeeeee...
    Fiiiiive Suuuupeerrrr Draaaaaagonssssss.

3. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

Twelve players whining
    Eleven bolas swinging
    Ten stealthers stealthing
    Nine mages casting
    Eight dexxers swinging
    Seven NEWbies running
    Six Tamers chasing
    Five Super Draaagggonns
    Four All Kills
    Three ROT gains
    Two Roomates Teleporting
    And an Alacrity scroll for thee!

4. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

that was an instant classic! will that fit in my sig? haha

5. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm in!!!

Beginning Friday, I’ll be placing a 7th Anniversary Token on one of my vendors. Of course it will be free. One will be placed each day up to and including Christmas day.

Since there are different time zones for Siege players, let me give ya a list of possible times when the token might be placed on a given day.

Monday – Friday
    7:30 am Mountain
    12-1 pm Mountain
    5-10 pm Mountain

Saturday - Sunday
    9 am -10 pm Mountain

I’ll try to place at different times of the day throughout until Christmas.

I have 3 vendors at 2 different shops. One is at the Yew moon gate (Sir Daniel's Shop), while the two are at the shop just south of Umbra moon gate(Traveler's Market). Both can be shopped from guard zones. I’ll post images when I’m home this evening.

If I run short, I'll substitute Buddy Tokens.

6. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

Thanks azural and puffy for volunterring to do an event! *jots that down*

7. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

no problem, im gonna need an account to do so on seeing as I no longer have one. :coco:

8. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

Thanks Cybernickle! Thats Day One!

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*ponders* I will take a day. Let me think on it.

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'll do one, if I can dredge up a suitable prize.

I have a 12 item shopping list, if a pvm scavenger hunt isn't beneath the elite mob here.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

That sounds fun. It would probably held at an interesting time so that more players might take part in some of the 12 day festivities.

On another note... What is the gift exchage called where every one brings a small gifgt and puts it on a pile then people ither choose from the pile or take someone elses gift?

12. Petra Fyde

Secret Santa

I'm thinking I'll do my scavenger hunt on Sunday, so 14th or 21st, rest of the week I'm asleep before folk get in from work Something like 1pm West Coast, 4pm East coast 9pm UK?

would the 2nd item in this set make an acceptable prize?
    http://www.uo.com/uo9/images/elements/buy_icons_heritage_01.jpg

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Secret Santa would be almost impossible to organize on a shard wide basis, someone might want to try though.

I was thinking more along the line of:

THE GAME:

1. Each guest who wishes to participate must contribute a gift. Everyone sits or stands in roughly a circle around the pile of gifts.
    2. Prepare slips of paper equal to the number of gifts with clearly written numbers. Be sure to distinguish 6 from 9, 1 from 7. Each participating guest draws a number and holds onto that slip of paper.
    3. On the first turn, the guest with paper slip #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and all admire it.
    4. On the second turn, the guest with paper slip #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. If #2 steals #1's gift, then #1 must open a wrapped gift.
    5. On the third turn, the guest with paper slip #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one.

The game continues based on the following:

1. If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift (within limits, described below), or open a wrapped one.
    2. The turn proceeds until a wrapped gift is chosen.
    3. A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the guest who just stole it.
    4. The fourth "owner" of a gift gets to keep it. The gift is "dead" after it has been stolen three times.
    5. "Owners" of "live" gifts must keep them visible and hold them up when requested.
    6. The gift exchange ends when the last wrapped gift is opened. Usually, guests are encouraged to perpetuate the gift stealing as long as there are "live" gifts, but no one is obligated to do this.

It could be any sort of thing as long as the gifts were not to valuabe, some gag gifts thrown into the mix as well.

What do you think? Of course at any point all of the gifts could be looted. This is Siege...

14. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm thinking of doing something like leaving small items in chests all of the place. Things like Powder of Fort, Copper Hammers, maybe spined kits and bronze hammers. I would put them in the chests at banks and shops. Arent there some that are always unlocked? How long can items sit in there before they decay? Normal decay rate? Aren't there some chests in dungeons that are always unlocked?

15. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

All these dieas sound great! Lets get them on the calendar!

For mine I was thinking of a sort of...capture the flag. I'll be the flag. There are two teams, the obvious red and blue. Find me, kill me and I will follow you to your base. At that point I announce on stratics that I have been captured and the other team has to come kill me while the other protects. We set a time limit to determine the winner. I will only give counts to those who want them. And yes this will make you blues grey so we'll have to be creative on what we choose as bases.

Thoughts?

16. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have an idea, however i dont have the alchemy to donate the pots.

What about an all pot dueling contest. No mage, no armor, maybe mounted (to make it more challenging). And all you can use are various exp pots, and heal pots. No aids no nothing. Be interesting. Winner could get a prize. Since I dont really have a base here, cant throw a keg or two, or the prize....but just an idea.

17. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

How about a holiday home deco contest ?

These maybe can range the gamut of regular UO overdose of UO christmases past deco all over players homes and can be voted on by players perhaps ? Different house sizes old school classics ie castle verses castle deco..to vila verses vila log cabin minitower smaller homes decos...to the post AOS customiser home deco themes for the season.

The themes can range from ALL the pixel crack we have gotten over the years displayed like CHRISTMAS overdose :) to ANTI holiday maybe someone opting to use christmas red in a death dungeon blood deco *red* all over or something..........dunno just seems weird not to have some house deco contest of some sort ...which players can list others maybe can view and vote upon or somehow by catagories or house types or something. *looks at kelmo* yall had a house contest once ..maybe run it similarly for judging last week of christmas ..prize of whatever per catagory or house type to be given newyears eve or something ??

18. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I kinda miss a couple of Siege's famous or infamous UNIBOMBERs :) I think that would be kinda fun to see pvp via bombings only permitted via exp pots. :)

* I have a gm alchemist whom does not do much anymore* he can as probably others can donate greater exp pots. to see them that know how BLOW each other up or try to heal with ONLY heal pots as they duel to their deaths explodiing each other. can be 1 vs 1 then 3 or 4 on 3 or 4 ...then utter mayhem round of all contenders just blowing everyone else up :) and trying to be last one standing alive amongst the corpses of exploded bodies all over some arena.

:)

19. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

There is a holiday deco thread somewhere...it must have fell off the first page.

20. Petra Fyde

oki, first event sorted. You just need another 11 now :)

21. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I will aim for Dec 17th. Maybe do two white elephant exchanges at the Iantown Pub. One early enough for our friends across the pond... Any suggestions for times?

22. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

This [at least in the midwest] is called a 'Yankee Gift Exchange' we're doing it with my family this year. It's always a ton of fun!

23. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is one of the 12 Days of Christmas, thus a certain vendor is probally giving away stuff!!!

*wink*

24. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*chuckles* How fun! Good luck everyone.

25. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Cyber, You might want to make a seperate post for your Holiday event. Go on, Yo deserve it. *nods* Merry Christmas, Buddy.

26. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

Don't you mean PINK elephants?

[​IMG]

27. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

as far as the bombing, goes (sorry im drunk wrote my provincial final toady), i can dontate cash or regs, i can buy what we need, but be nice to see a bomber dual, for somethng nice as far as 12 days of xams

28. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

need more volunteers for events!

29. Dola

Dola Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Somewhat off topic how many people here know what the twelve days of christmas actually refers to. If you don't say what it is and those that don't know don't google. I'm wondering if I should start a guess thread over on the TNT forums not that I'm around enough for it to matter or to count.

30. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Hey Dola. Good to see you are still kicking. Please drop us a line every now and then. Kids OK? Grot still grumpy? Some of us care for you beyond the game.