1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

12 Renowns this morning without a resource

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ACB1961, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You know killing Renows is enough of a pain as it is. Just about everyone that plays won't kill them. But, you know I'm working here so what can I do? 12 of them without even a resource drop is plain ridiculous.

2. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

+1, I did about 10 the other night and got nothing off any of them :sad4:. For as tough as they are they really should have a guaranteed drop of some sort.

3. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Did you bother checking for the artifact drop? Killing it and looting it have no bearing on the artifacts that drop.

4. I've killed around 50 or so renowned creatures and gotten 1 vial of vitriol and 1 crystalline blackrock. That's it. No artifact, no deco item, nada. Pretty much a waste of durability points.

5. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dont forget about time. Some of them take a bit too kill....

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Are you guys looking around the area on the ground afterwards too?

7. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Well doing 10 or so in a row I would have noticed something on the ground, but to no avail. Nothing, RNG hates me :sad4: :lick:

8. Yep. Every time.

9. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

I haven't been.

What can appear on the ground?

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I dunno, I think any of the arties maybe? I keep finding them in the ground after I kill renowneds, I have four or five different things now, it's weird.

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Out of curiosity, do they spawn at the corpse or elsewhere in the spawn?

12. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've never seen one in my life. I met a girl with soo many she gave me one. Now, all these were in the cavern, but I've killed 100s, and never seen an arti drop anywhere. I'm not this bad at anything normally so I just don't know. They drop on the ground somewhere around you right? Seems like I'd have noticed something like that at the other places I was at least.

13. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Elsewhere it seems. But who knows, maybe I keep playing around stealthers who are dropping stuff on the ground? Seems weird though. Like you'd think it would be on the corpse or at least the spot the mob died, but I found two items that were a screen away from where the mob died. (Two separate occasions.)

14. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Doh! (*wonders how many I have lost because of not completely rescouting the area*)

15. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

Does ctrl+shift work for the items on the ground like normal?

16. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yep!

17. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

As far as the Cavern of the Discarded, just bring in a Discorder and a Pack of Frenzied Ozzies! Drops in less the 5 mins!

I get around 25 drops an hour, someone tell me what a Lodestone does, lol!

I have plenty of them, just no Arcanic Stones! they never drop!

Just happy now you can craft most of what you need, farming that spawn suxxors!

18. I think a lot more people would kill the renowneds there if the loot was adjusted for their difficulty level personally.

19. El Phantasmo

El Phantasmo Guest

Agreed. If the loot was at least a tad better they would be worth doing. The renowned rat & pixie take a while for basically troll quality loot.

Additionally, they need to "respawn" if drawn too far off. I have found MANY of them quite a ways off from their original spawn point.

20. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ah, that would be players that don't want to fight em leaving them for someone else to kill. I found a renowned at every mini champ in the place the other day; I was not impressed. I'll kill it if I spawn it, but it's a tad rude to leave it for the next player along.

21. I dunno, but I think right after server up is the best time to farm ingrediants.
    Maybe it was just my luck today tho, will probably be different tomorrow lol
    14 ess of passion, 10 ess of sing., among a lot of the others from the rat spawn.. all in about an hours time of farming right after server up.

22. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Yea, I've killed ~50 and nothing. An essence here or there *maybe*

23. maroite

maroite Guest

I have killed over 150 renowneds since the SA and I have NEVER gotten anything worth mentioning off them.

Resources drop off mongbats and lava snakes more than they do renowned monsters. rolleyes:

Its annoying that you have to kill them too.