1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

120 Bush and parry?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Britain, May 7, 2013.

1. Britain

Britain Visitor

Feb 26, 2013
    i have 120 bush and Parry on my sampire but i notice a lot of peoples templates have 120 bush and only 60 parry.

I have not long been back playing this game so i was wondering what the main reason for this was?
  2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

May 21, 2008
    Warrior templates usually all have 120 Weapon skill. So...

120 Weapon skill
    120 Bushido
    60 Parrying

Is 300 skill points dedicated to the -10 mana cost reduction in weapon special moves. 299 skill points only gets you -5. If you go 120 in all three skills you get the additional defense benefits but you still only get -10 mana reduction. I have templates that use both 60 and others that have 120 parry. I use them for different purposes.
  3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    You: 120 weapon skill + 45% DCI
    Monster: 120 weapon skill
    You get hit 34% of the time (see: stratics combat calculator)

At 60 parry, you get a 20% chance to parry
    At 120 parry, you get a 35% chance to parry (both 1 handed weapons)

Which means at 60 parry, you actually get hit 27% of the time.
    At 120 parry, you actually get hit 22% of the time.

So the question is, is a 1 hit in 25 difference worth the investment of 60 skill points?

The answer is, due to the difference in wrestling skills of different monsters, the extra skill points could be used well in parry (i.e. if you're fighting a 150 skill point monster) but usually, it's better being set to 60 for the mana reduction and no more.
  4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    The combat calculator needs to be updated to accept DCI values higher than 45%.