1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Healing] 120 Healing + Enhanced bandies is waste?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Splup, May 4, 2010.

1. Splup

Splup Guest

Heya,

I always use enhanced bandies, does this mean I should take only 110 healing instead of 120, or do enhanced bandies help even when you have 120 healing?

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

From a FoF in January, 2008:
    So no matter what your healing skill is, including 120, you will heal 2-4 extra damage from using the enhanced bandages.

3. A Bad Player

A Bad Player Guest

Since the question was answered, I'm gonna ask a related question. The healing and anat on my sampire is at 93 or so, but I get hit once or twice and my aids heal for like 15. How high do I need to raise anat and heal to heal for a respectable amount?

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

5. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

i've always done 110 healing, but i guess i never thought that maybe 120 + enhanced bandies = 130, maybe someone can shed some more light on this?

6. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

According to the FoF answer posted above, if you use enhanced bandages at 120 Healing, the game treats it as 130 Healing for the calculation of how much damage is healed (and it uses whatever your antomy score happens to be).

Stayin Alive,

BG

7. A Bad Player

A Bad Player Guest

I just noticed Cetrics sig is dedicated to me! Paper > Cetric

8. Just remember that anyone with less than 120 skill must use a power scroll to unlock those extra 10 points of healing. If you're at GM skill, you need to have at least a 110 scroll eaten or you don't get the benefit.

9. dlwiii

dlwiii Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm. If that is the case, then would you not need a "130" power scroll to get the benefit of those 10 extra points?

10. No, because a 120 scroll opens the skill as it's the highest.

11. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

that not how it works.....enhanced bandies doesnt raise your actual skill

12. This is correct. Enhanced bandages allow you to heal for the same amount of damage as if you had 10 points higher in the skill than you do, but they will not increase your chance to rez or cure poison. They simply allow you to heal for more hit points than your actual skill would allow. In order for them to work you must have either the skill points unlocked (110 scroll if you have GM Healing or Vet) or have obviously eaten a 120 scroll in the case of 120 skill. It all has to do with the way the formulas are set to work and the physical mechanics of how they're applied.

And yes, they do work for Tamers with Vet, so if you have a Tamer, you should be using them, and need to make sure you've eaten the appropriate scroll to unlock the skill points.

13. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

That is not correct.

The calculation of the enhanced bandage bonus takes place AFTER the skill check. A powerscroll is not needed to reap the benefits of enhanced bandages.

That is the real reason that they will not allow you to cure or rez if you could not otherwise do so, the bonus is applied after the skill check.

14. Then you need to go back and find the FoF response that told us we needed to have the appropriate skill scroll eaten to free up the +10 points, because we were specfically told it was necessary.

15. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Instead of getting snippy with me, you could have done the 30 seconds of research it took me.

Original post, January 11, 2008 - the one you are assuming.

The quote where they corrected this - January 25, 2008

16. Nope. Wrong one. How do I know that? Because they don't specifically state you need to eat a +10 scroll. If it was that easy to find, don't you think I would have just posted it? Keep looking.

Oh, and I got "snippy" because that's the attitude that came across from your own post.

17. [JD]

[JD] Guest

With regards to JOAT anat/healing, will the healing act as if you have 30 skill for purposes of how much is healed? or 20...

18. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Your misreading, read the bold part where it says that you will get a benefit EVEN WHEN YOU ARE AT YOUR HEALING CAP. They didn't specifically state you need to eat the scroll because it is obviously implied with the statement about the healing cap. Don't believe me if you want but its been tested on test center. Go there and test.

19. Then why are you arguing with me about it? That's what I said.

*sigh*

20. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

No, you said this:

Which is not correct. You get the benefit "even when you are at your healing cap" - in other words, you do not need anything "unlocked".

21. The "healing cap" is 120, which is what they were referring to when they said you still get a benefit when you are at "the cap".

Either way, I'm done arguing this point. I know what was said, and why, and what was meant by it where you obviously don't, and will do nothing but continue to argue something that was brought up months ago.

Believe what you will. I'm done with it.

22. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Your healing cap is whatever you have eaten powerscrolls up to. Walk away from the discussion if you want, but I have tested it on Test Center, have you?

23. Unless you were actually around at the time, you can't go strictly by that. As I was there, and recall quite clearly what was said and why it was said, what I've said is exactly what was told to us by the Devs.

24. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I was around at the time, it is both clear what they said and what was meant by what they said, your just not getting it.

Again, go to test center and try it.