1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

120 Stealth vs 100 ??

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by popps, Jul 22, 2009.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What is the advantage of working stealth all the way to 120 rather than staying with 100 ?

I mean, the 20 extra points are really worth all of the work ?

Why ? What does 120 really give that 100 does not ?

I am talking about real skill, not with clothing or jewels.

2. popps

popps Always Present

Wow, I am amazed by the replies to my query.........

Is there anyone willing to answer my question ?

3. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Since no one else gave a credible answer, I will ask basically what lynk asked.

Why do you ask? I do not ask to be an ass as others have, but I ask because it depends on the situation.

Stealth affects almost all of the ninja abilities, such as Death Strike. At 120 you have a *less* of a chance to be revealed by monsters and players than you do at 100.

Really as far as stealthing and success goes, there is no reason to go over 70, even with jackals collar and 75 stealth I never fail to stealth.

If this does not answer your question, then I come back to my question Why do you ask? With out an ample question to answer I can only shoot in the dark as to what you are inquiring about.

4. popps

popps Always Present

Well, I am new to stealth and so I am looking at my options here.

That is, evaluate all that one can do with 120 stealth.........

That it covers ninja abilities is one, that at 120 monsters and players have less a chance of revealing is another, what else can 120 stealth bring home to the players who trains it all the way up there ?

5. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

why do u need the jackals collar to help you stealth?

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

He means Jackals collar has metal and metal makes you fail stealth more.
    But I thought that 80 stealth was required for a leather suit/mage armor suit never to fail. And that if you wore ringmail/chainmail non mage armor, that you need much higher than 80. And Plate armor needed yet way more skill to not fail.

7. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

Might be due to the differences in being human vs elf. One of my chars (elf) wears the jackals and has 80 stealth. I don't think he has ever failed to stealth. So for me it is a 40 point difference to 120.

You can run a few more steps stealthed at 120 than you can at a hundred. I'm also not sure, if being revealed is a check against your hiding or stealth.

This comment from the Publish 43 patch notes, leads me to believe it is a hide check. (Pub 43 is the last publish to deal with stealth and detect hidden [passive and targeted])

So it is probably a check against your hiding skill but you would get a bonus for having higher stealth and stealing.

On a cramped Ninja template, it seems that stealth is one of the things that usually suffers the skill point loss. I would rather put the points into something else.

Q