1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

120 Tracking

Discussion in 'UHall' started by flappy6, Feb 13, 2013.

1. flappy6

flappy6 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How about showing you a grey version of the player (like when you see yourself invis-hiding),so we dont have to chase around a goofy arrow that points in wrong direction most of the time

and add bonus damage on first hit after you have them tracked (i know gm does this ,but not much)

120 tracking would take you right to t-map location

#1 flappy6, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Tracking is useless as it works now. With 100 tracking you should be able to detect everyone that's hidden. As it is now I have to detect monster forms/animal forms/human forms and there is a timer between tracking.... The arrow is always off it's mark.... At 100 hide you have 0% of fail why not the same with tracking? There also needs to be a better arrow system/grey version of the person you see so you have an idea of where they are. Ok you stealth pvp masters come on in and start flaming away :flame:

3. King_Fisher

King_Fisher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I HATE Hate hate that someone with JOAT tracking can track me at 100hide/120stealth without major difficulties. That should be damn near impossible at 50-75. I had to invest 190+ skill points to get my character invisible yet any human with 0 skill can track me if he so chooses. ARGHHHHHHH.

4. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Why do you need to hide?

5. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

AGREED! my char has 8 tracking and can find someone who is GM hiding. that is SO wrong.

Olahorand likes this.
  6. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe after x amount of tries. Most stealthers think they should be untraceable. It's bad enough you gotta track all forms to find someone then they smoke bomb/form off. Well the new pub gonna make that animal form a little bit more difficult ;) So that's a start

7. O'siris

O'siris Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed tracking needs some help. Recently built one for the first time and I was disappointed. I like the idea of seeing a grey version of the person your tracking, Your skill level should help increase the accuracy of that grey figure. IE with JOAT the grey figure could be in a 8 square radius or something, and at 100 tracking it could be spot on.

8. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think it should be made harder, though personally I've had fun chases with trackers so don't mind the challenge myself. But just make it so you need to have about the same amount of tracking skill as the hider has in hiding before you can detect them. So a GM hider needs a GM tracker ;) No need for 120 skill caps for it though.

Wenchy

Olahorand likes this.
  9. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Since you have no chance to fail hide at Gm hiding then you should have no chance to fail at tracking at GM tracking

10. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actually you can fail to hide at GM, so you can certainly fail with GM tracking ;)

Wenchy

11. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

wrong

12. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No, they simply need to fix tracking so you can track then detect.

You obviously do not know how to treasure hunt if you think you need a supplemental skill to find a chest. With that being said, I am accepting all maps from players who do not know how to properly treasure hunt. Think of me as the treasure map sanctuary for misused and abused maps.

13. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Damn Humans!

14. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Wenchy is correct. You can fail to hide with GM hiding.