1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

120k logs to boards... is there a better way?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rocklin, May 22, 2009.

1. Rocklin

Rocklin Guest

I logged a ton of logs over the last few months and I find myself with 120,000 logs in a chest in my Keep. I would like to move them to boards for eventual work or turn in at the Museum or Library. I can move 250 at a time to convert to boards. However, that will take a large amount of time. Is there a better way?

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, go back in time and chop them as you were harvesting.

3. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

They eventually said they will revamp the turn in rewards and methods.
    Unfurtunetly they haven said anything on making it easier to chop boards like allowing you to chop them in a container instead of always had to use youre backpack. I always hated that part.

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think what Maplestone is trying to stay is, no. There's not any better way.

My advice would be to make yourself up a macro and block about an hour or so out of your schedule.... and find a doctor who does carpal tunnel surgery and accepts your insurance.

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Making them into boards as you go is truly the best way to do it. The recent change that lets lumberjacks make boards out of the better woods as their lumberjack skill rises go was a very welcome change, as most of my lumberjacks are resource gatherers with no carpentry skill.

6. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Actualy come to think about it.... There might be a easier way if you have kr using one of it's macros or a custom ui. Though will have to have one of the KR lumber jackers or modders jump in.

7. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's easy now - do it as you would do it with a stack of leather - instead of scissors use the axe. (after first attempt to cut the stack of logs to boards in box or bank, pull them with the mouse and use the macro LastObject - LastTarget) If you have a bag of sending in your backpack, you will also be able to send the entire stack to bank after doing so.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

(as always when someone raises this question - which happens every so often - I'm just confused how someone could have the determination to harvest tens of thousands of logs without and then only run into a problem at the much smaller problem of chopping them into boards)

9. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*chuckles*

10. Farscape

Farscape Guest

Another way when chopping is to cut them into shafts
    that saved my sanity many times problem now is over a million boards AND shafts lol
    feel sorry for harpies next

11. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Actualy come to think about it.... There might be a easier way if you have kr using one of it's macros or a custom ui. Though will have to have one of the KR lumber jackers or modders jump in.

If turning into boards worked like cutting leather, then you could put in an extra routine in a KR macro to do it, however since it is in the crafting menu, it's pretty much the same regardless of client.

12. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

actually, it's not in the crafting menu any more - just use an axe on the logs and you get boards.

13. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm shows how much I've been LJ'ing lately.

Hmm... trying to think (on a couple of levels)... ahh got it (just deleted out a bit of text when I thought of it)...

In KR macro Builder:

The All in one chopping macro:

Slot 1: TargetByResource: Axe
    Slot 2: TargetByResource: Axe
    Slot 3: TargetByResource: Axe
    Slot 4: TargetByResource: Axe
    Slot 5: TargetByResource: Axe
    Slot 6: Axe Target: Cursor

No repeat, hotkey as desired.

CHops 5 times, then prompts to click on a stack of logs to turn to boards.

I know of a possible updated one, but I cannot say anything about it at this time.

14. jaraxlebaenrae

jaraxlebaenrae Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

lol thats funny Maplestone, My first reaction was "use the same program you used to chop all of them" but then i decided to be nice.....

15. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

guess you shoulda used a better script :p

16. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You know, accumulating 120k logs in a few months, as the OP stated, isn't hard to do without using an illegal scripting program as some have implied. If he'd have said days or a week then then that would be different.

Before they screwed everything up with randomness I was mapping out whole forests searching for frostwood trees. In six months I chopped several million boards all manually and attended.

Then they announced the changes and it turned out to be all for naught.

17. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*nods to Ezerkiel's comment* (I was NOT trying to hint/imply/accuse)