1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

13th Year Vet Reward : how about a zero follower's slot ethy ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Aug 18, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ethereals are not overpowering not to mention the fact that now Gargoyles can fly at no followers' slot cost.

A Gargoyle Tamer, for example, can run at mounted speed (flying) and yet still bring along a Greater Dragon (5 control slots).

Ethereal mounts cannot fight and when dismounted just bounce in backpack.

So, introducing such a new Vet reward for 13th Years accounts I do not think would be any biggie.

What would it be ? A zero followers' slots Ethereal mount thus allowing human/elves Tamers to match up with Gargoyle Tamers, for example.

Opinions ?

2. Sounds like a good idea, although i think 13 year vets would prefer something a bit more "exciting" :thumbup1:

3. popps

popps Always Present

Well, it does not have to be the "only" 13th Year Vet Reward available, it can be just one of the new options among several others........ and actually, it does not even have to necessarily be a pick for 13th Years accounts, it could be made a 6 or 7 or 8 years accounts.

I am just bringing up the point that perhaps a "zero" followers slot ethereal mount could be a cool and nice, desirable and yet not overpowered, new Veteran reward, regardless of what year account it gets tied to as a pickable choice.

4. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

ethy wings?

5. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

How about NO, in no way should ANY char be able to ride adn still jhae 5 pet slots

no way should a vet reward offer ANY char the ability to ride or move at riding speed without ANY penalty.

I know gargoyles can fly but they suffer a little in that form.

Ninjas have to use skill.

A 0 slot ethey? No way that would only give some and very few players the ability to ride and use a GD, or worse.

:gee:

6. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Re: How about NO, in no way should ANY char be able to ride adn still jhae 5 pet slot

Short answer to the OP:

Hell No!

7. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

I am also against .... and if you ask why: becourse its only tamers that would profit from it (and maybe mystics). No vet of that age should be forced to play a tamer/a specific char to take advantage of one of his rewards.

8. popps

popps Always Present

The thing is, that already a Gargoyle Tamer CAN move at riding speed through flying even when controlling 5 full slots pets......

As of now, human and elf tamers are penalized versus a Gargoyle tamer so, I am not sure I can understand your point.

9. I beleive their point is that humans benefit of JoaT, Elfs have good energy resist, + 20 mana and they have natural detect hidden, as a counter part for having none of that, gargoles walk at mountain speed. I also beleive that one poster is concerned by the fact that only one template (tamer) would truely benefit of a 0 slot ethy.

Mounted speed+JoaT+a greater dragon is alot. Also, do agree that it would give an advantage in pvp situation, and I think that the rewards are not designed to give a fighting advantage.

10. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

Gargs have a huge disadvantage. Ever get dismounted playing a garg and tried to get back to flying? thats why they can fly with no penalty. A 0 slot ethy would be just a wee bit OP.

11. Yalp

Yalp Guest

flying is the ONLY means of mounting for a garg.. as already pointed out, this comes with the trade offs.

flying is a RACIAL bonus for being garg....giving racial bonus' as vet rewards would be a huge mistake.

12. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage

13 th year reward...............Option to turn castle plot into a custome one..

13. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Hehe It would be nice to have them drop the ethys off the count list. Its a statue you ride, it cant kill things. Never understood why they put it on the list to begin with. It's not a pet but an object.

13th year vet reward?? I'd like to see something usefull everyday use kind of things. Compass for finding Tree wood?? hehe

Castle/Keep customization...... no dont think it gunna fly by them.

Perhaps a bit of magic by the Dev to let the keep or castle owner utilize the whole space that belongs to the building. The ability to lock down things in the inner walls of the castle, place doors to the keeps silly blocked off space or move or remove walls and use that space that is the keeps to begin with.

14. Kerwin

Kerwin Guest

Re: How about NO, in no way should ANY char be able to ride adn still jhae 5 pet slot

What penalty do gargoyles get when in flying mode?

15. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So long as its a cow...and isnt ethy.

16. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Can be both, that's what the Retouching Tool is for ;).

17. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

DITTO

18. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

DEER UOH,

pleez fer teh love of gahd stop listinen to theez peepol.

thanx...