1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

14 day trial period

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kellgory, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I started another account last week (I know I'm bucking the trend of closing accounts) and on the account creation screen they ask for a promotional code to be entered and if you don't have one then they provide one for you so that you get the 14 day trial period. The following screen I put in the CCard info and select the 6 month option and all was good until I created a new char and went to place a house or transfer an existing house to that char and received the message that chars in trial periods are unable to do so. I understand and agree with the whole trial account restrictions, but is there an option to cancel the trial account period or maybe people should be made aware of the restrictions before they enter the code.

2. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the restriction as far as i can remember are lifted when you make the first payment

3. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

To create a free trial account these days you DO NOT have to enter ANY credit card info.

I'd copy and paste the payment options including the new play now pay later option, but to do so I would need to create a new account, and that's too much work!

Any billing info placed on a new account can be removed before the 14 day free trial period is over, so if there WAS a way to remove the 'free trial accounts can not place or own a house' rule, we would be right back to abusing free trial accounts to hold all the good land without ever paying EA a cent.

Not being able to possess a house on a free trial account is a good rule that there should be NO getting around.

4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I understand the logic, I just wish there was a way to revoke the trial period, start the billing cycle, and have the restrictions lifted. I guess if I had left the promo code blank it would have started billing right away and I wouldn't have had the restrictions.