1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bowcraft/Fletching] 141 luck crossbow?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Wilde1, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

Came across an oak crossbow with 141 luck. Isn't that one point over the cap (40 luck for the oak, 100 base)?

2. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

naa just one of the messups that they got out there, ive made bows with over 100 luck outa plainwood and a runic kit

3. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

Well, if I'm thinking this through correctly, if you made a bow with a runic kit you couldn't then enhance it, so you still couldn't get over 140.

there might a tons of over 140 luck bows out there, I just haven't seen one before and was curious if anyone else had.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

ACTUALLY...

I found this in the Five on Fridays, from WAY back, but haven't had the chance to add to the FAQ.

According to the devs in that FoF - bow and saw runic properties can STACK if rolled twice. In other words, you can roll a property twice and they add, still counting as two properties.

However, I also think that later they changed it to where they didn't stack, but gave fletching runics extended ranges greater than the others, since you can't craft 1-handed bows (and therefore are missing bonuses from the shield slot).

Either way, it is quite possible to have a 141 luck runic-crafted bow

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Runic Fletcher's Tools are obtained by completing certain Bowcraft/Fletching-related crafting quests for the elves in Heartwood.

The following properties can be crafted higher than normal with a fletching runic kit (before material bonus):

* Hit Chance Increase to 25%
    * Defense Chance Increase to 25%
    * Luck to 120
    * Any resistance to 18%

now add 40 on to the 120 for oak and you get 160 max on a bow