1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

15.77$ a month for UO? wtf

Discussion in 'UHall' started by BbqLou, Nov 22, 2008.

1. BbqLou

BbqLou Visitor

I went to pay a month of UO and they took out 13.77 It's that instead of 12.99 because of some ridiculous tax, that doesn't bother me that much BUT why do I also have two things on my credit card history that say -1.00$ From EA/Pogo. I mean it's only 2$ but damn EA don't be stealing my money!

**I would call customer support but if I have to endure another minuet of talking to some foreign customer support rep. who doesn't know what the hell he is doing, I am going to stab someone.

2. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I bet the 1.00 charges will disappear within a couple business days. Sometimes companies do a pre-authorization before making the actual charge to your account. The 1.00 is the amount they preauthorized. Usually I see those on my statement for a day, then the next day they turn into the correct amount or disappear altogether.

3. BbqLou

BbqLou Visitor

Ah, Ok. I never had them or just never noticed them.

4. considering we pay for costumer service, in game occurances, and live updates and balances i do think it is a bit high... hopefully the price is changed for the former is changed :|

5. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

Kitiara is right, its a pre-authorization charge and will be taken off your account. I actually did call and ask one time. Was on the phone for quite awhile too...:eek:

6. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

i pay for my accounts with the 6 month thing so it comes out to about $10 a month, thats the best way to do it if you're not planning to quit uo any time soon

7. BbqLou

BbqLou Visitor

lol ya, I've been on the phone with my debit card company for hours. So I figured I'd ask here so I didn't have to call EA too, lol.

8. Last month I got an email saying my card had been declined. There was no reason for it to be so I ignored it. I got another email that said the same thing so I went in and input the SAME CARD into the form and the next day it charged it just fine. No expiration date changes or address or anything, all I did was type the same numbers in over again. It charged me $12.99 but the other $1.00 was pending for days, then it fell off.

So their system is a little flaky I think.

9. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

ya i hate that. that's why i just remove billing information and reactivate every month when i'm ready. it helps anyway because you may be inactive or there may be major lag problems and you might not want to do auto billing. you may decide to wait till problems are fixed.

10. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

well they do it as a convenience so if there's a problem you can address it before your account goes inactive. to me it is more of an inconvenience but easily resolved by removing billing info right after you activate.

11. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

But what is the billing break down for UO in U.S. dollars?

The ea.com says $12.99 U.S. but the charge is for $13.90.

Is there in fact a $1.00 U.S. charge?

And is the correct billing entity ONLINE GAMES POGO/WWW.EA.COM?

12. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

mine is 14.03.. 1.04 state tax

13. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

13.90/12.99 ~ 1.07 so that's a 7% extra cost which I presume is your local sales tax (for a few years most governments ignored sales of goods and services over the Internet, but now that Internet-transactions are a non-trivial portion of the total economy, that's come to an end)

14. laurlo

laurlo Guest

tax would be your state...

the pre authorization charge should drop off - they are just making sure its the correct card/it has funds.

15. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

actually when you buy goods, the business has to have a location in the state otherwise they aren't going to give the state any tax. your state may require that you still pay the tax, but usually people don't. if it's substantial and noticeable the state may decide they want it and contact you!

the tax on UO i believe is an online subscription tax. somehow legally justified i'm sure. if you don't like it write to your elected officials about it.

16. Vyrquenox

Vyrquenox Guest

It is another new way they all figured out to try to catch you with your pants down and overdraft you. I am sure of it, as it wasn't at all necessary before and suddenly with the banks the way they are, to get an authorization the banks are making the companies submit a 'charge.' that they 'remove'. Just a way to try to squirm out more fees, I would think.

17. Vyrquenox

Vyrquenox Guest

complaining about taxes is unpatriotic. now go turn your heater off.

18. BbqLou

BbqLou Visitor

Lets start a revolution them taxing our online subscription is worse than them taxing TEA!

19. Rix/\

Rix/\ Guest

compare prices with other games, then compare costumer service and quality of the game in general. Someones getting ripped off.

20. THP

THP Stratics Legend

TRY LIVING IN THE UK!! WE GET CHARGED £10 /MONTH THATS A SCANDALOUS $20/MONTH..... yes SCANDALOUS.....