1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

15th Year Vet and Christmas

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SunWolf, May 26, 2012.

1. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

They are asking for ideas for the 15th year vet rewards aswell Christmas Items.

2. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Who is they. Please do tell

3. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

[0:50:30] Mesanna: Yeah, I have something to say. Everybody likes to give their input, so we’re at the time where we need Christmas and vet reward ideas again.

[0:50:44] Mesanna: Fifteenth year. They have to be special.

Shelleybean and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oh good gravy! All Mesanna has to do is read this forum... We have been givign suguestions for ages!

Lord Frodo likes this.
  5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, but current suggestions are better than old suggestions, easier to locate on the forum too, hehe.

I always liked the singing crystal balls though, how about a Christmas gift to kind of play off that idea without being a copy of the original.

6. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm. A Check Book that holds multiple 1 mill Checks. A SoA Book. A T-Map Book, etc.

DJAd, Sinder Shayde, Ryna and 4 others like this.
  7. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran

Magic Carpet (or Ethereal Magic Carpet)

Lost Item (player placeable 'Lost Item', essentially a "Geocache")

Magic Door (variation on house teleporter tiles)

Housing Wall Dye Tub

new Resource Generators (similar to Sheep, Stump, Mining Cart)
    Bird Statue - Feathers, Skeleton Statue - Bone, Library Desk - Blank Scrolls, Molten Sand - Bottles

Pet Character Statue Maker

Talisman of Pet Summoning

Familiar Spirit (random minor animal similar to Personal Attendant)

variations on existing items that can be difficult to obtain ~
    Harvester's Blade, Halloween Masks, Brass Sextant, Herb Basket, Navigator's World Map

Self Replenishing Charged variations of Tools -
    Scribes Pen, Tinkers Tools, Engraving Tools Wooden/Metal/Food Decoration, Magic Wands

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I think the ideas she's wanting could also apply toClean Up Britannia rewards as well. It currently tops out at 25mil items, why couldn't it go on up to 10x that?
    Single line descriptions read well, given their attention span.

9. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

For the 15 year player accounts a special statue should be set up at each champ spawn area.The statues could be the champ bosses. The 15 year player after placing the skulls clicks on the statue the area becomes blocked no one but the 15 year player, and the players that are in their party have access to that champ spawn area. area becomes unblocked once the champ boss is killed. The 15 year player will only be able to click on a statue once or twice a month. Someone who can lasted 15 years deserves to be able to do something like this.

Vet Rewards
    Bird statues of every bird in the game. Make them in deed form so we can pick how we want to have them set up wings flapping or not flapping. Like the reindeer deeds.
    A basket full of yarn that gives you random colored yarn or cloth. ( not the colors you get from the doing bod deeds)
    Holiday Rewards
    Puppy with a red bow laying in a basket. ( to place near the fireplace)
    A holiday baking tool to make holiday cookies, cakes, and chocolates.

Sinder Shayde and SunWolf like this.
  10. OvenBird

OvenBird Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I like the idea of a magic door, you could have some funny hallways chases.

Sauteed Onion and keel like this.
  11. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

LOVE the checkbook idea

How about the ability to own a second house per 15 yr up account? The housing crunch is not what it once was...

12. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ridable drake! And ridable cow...

Sauteed Onion and Mirt like this.
  13. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Rather than putting a lot of effort into things that will only benefit a small number of people who are going to play regardless of whether they get new pixel crack for having played X number of years, I'd rather they put that effort into bringing new players in or vets back.

Because the best vet reward and Christmas gift is a game that's still going 5 years from now.

14. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I dunno about Christmas and vet rewards, but would love to see the vine cord sandals as a replica, or some way brought back into the game.

15. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Magic Carpet (or Ethereal Magic Carpet) <--- this would be amazing.

Cerwin Vega likes this.
  16. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

In best Homer Simpson voice. "Hmmmm, roast canine..." *daydreams*

17. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

"Box full of Puppies!"

18. Plant Elemental

Plant Elemental Journeyman
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter

I guess this thread is a good a place as any for ideas

Vet rewards
    Jewlery storage box
    Picnic Tables
    Stone Fireplaces (like the one at Minoc bank)
    Sandstone Fireplaces
    Neon Runebook dye tub
    AOS colored dye tub
    2 story statue
    Piano (would look great in my music room)
    Shelf that holds and displays wine and ale bottles

Holiday Items
    A roasted turkey
    Snow coved pine trees (like the ones in the lost lands)
    Statues of the developers with random names and colors (i miss collecting and trading holiday items)
    A santa suit ( a 6 piece set w/mods) - choice of 1 piece per ticket
    An elf suit ( a 6 piece set w/ mods) - choice of 1 piece per ticket
    A riendeer suit ( a six piece set w/ mods) - choice of 1 piece per ticket
    A holday singing ball (makes hoilday noises as you get near it, such bells ringing or jingling)
    Potted Plants w snow on them and Christmas lights on them that twinkle

19. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I like the resource generating item but my proposal would be some sort of marble block that gives stone... Stone is soooo hard to come by. I would LOVE to have something that gave stone.

I still want a house pet. Some sort of pet that perhaps you could go out and "Capture"... that instantly became a "tame" pet. So you could get a dog, cat, imp, spider, bat, gorilla, skree, fairy dragon... or whatever.... but it would act like a tame pet but stay in your house totally allowed to roam freely throughout. Though it should NOT use teleporters.

I REALLY like the magical Door idea... I'd like a door that you could place that works like a door. Perfect for castle/keep/tower owners. Even if you just double click it and it just teleports you to the other side but doesn't "open".

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  20. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

15th Year Rewards
    Tool box – when locked down, generates one ten charged forged metal tool per month :)
    Random token generator – when locked down, generates one random token per month (this could be name change, advanced character, transfer token, etc)
    Enchanted knitting – when double clicked, randomly produces a 50 piece stack of rare cloth (Europa gold, etc). Produces this once a week like the vet reward rugs.
    Ethereal pack animal – can’t attack or be attacked, carries 1600 stones/125 items
    Ethereal ship - works like a regular ship but doesn’t decay

Christmas Gifts
    Various storage books – alacrity deed book, treasure map book, sos book
    Amaryllis plant
    Winter steed trapped in a crystal – similar to the vollems in a crystal, these are white mares that can be used by anyone

21. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

For spending 15 years in this world I'd like a second home per account on any shard including my home shard, any size but keep or castle. 18 x 18 or less.

22. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Engravable, multi-color-dyeable wall shields. You could engrave your guild name on it and dye it with your various guild colors.

23. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Actually one thing I'd VERY much like is a dye tub that dyes cloth like the metal dye tub. Two toned.

As far as shields go I'd rather have a banner that you can "create" with pixels yourself.... you upload whatever pixel things into it.. but of course anything found to be "offensive" would get yours deleted and a mark on your account... but something you could create yourself to make your own guild "banner".

Mirt likes this.
  24. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

1. Extra Vet Reward choices for everyone depending on age of accounts!
    2. Housing Dye Sets- dye stone walls ect normal colors not NEON
    3. House Moongate
    4. Two Houses per account thats active abd after annivs is over treat them as grandfathered
    5. Pet DYES!

Ryna likes this.
  25. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Ok here is a list of what should be thought of:
    1. Adding more vet reward choice points, more then the 2 per year given. Suggestion is 5 per after reaching 15 years in game.
    2. The raising of the house limit per account to two. This is to have no limit on size as many shards no longer have space troubles and any shard.
    3. Saddles for riding your GD. (will stop me and others from yipping about walking) will still need to get off to fight.
    4. House pets. Non slot related dog, cat, bunny, ferret, mongoose, etc Will be auto bonded, will listen and follow orders, cant go out of the house.
    5. Detector tool. With settings for wood, ore, fish etc.. 15th year needed to use. Gives clicking noise when your close to what tool is set for. unlimited use for 15th year vets.

26. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

1- No real problem here for me. Some would say 5 is too much maybe increase to 3 per.

2- Yes, but should be for 8+ years of playing. I need storage lol... well.. maybe just another floor added, anyone that has seen my house knows I have display issues and need another floor :D

3- Yupp! I can wait 7 years to ride the GD.

4- Know alot of folks that would like that.

5- Hmmm... nah, they already have something to contend with the way the stuff randomly spawns.

Nice ideas tho.

27. MalagAste

I always thought it would be good to have a Basement/dungeon Level added to homes. NOT saying it should server wise be located "under" my home but if done by giving you a Teleporter that looked perhaps like a trap door or something like a hole with a ladder sticking out of it... (could be variations of styles)... and that teleports you to a land like green acres.... only that's all black.... where "basements are... and EVERYONE gets one that is 32x32 one per account... Can't be that bad...... then make the walls somewhat like dungeon walls... with a few "finished" wall tile sets but these "dungeons/basements" would have say 5k storage and maybe 1200 lockdowns. Would be open to say 5 year vets.

Ox AO, Sevin0oo0 and Kylie Kinslayer like this.
  28. Fogsbane

29. DirectorDoug

DirectorDoug Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I know this is for Christmas and 15th Anniv rewards, but I would like to suggest again something I tossed out last year: A Trick or Treat Mannequin/vendor/whatever. Nameable, dressable, and able to hold 125 items and distribute them (one per char/or per acct per day) to anyone who says "Trick or Treat".

SunWolf, Ryna and Fogsbane like this.
  30. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

very buildable idea! imo, under the home, entrance on front steps? separate title, someone should start a thread

31. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm another who really just wants another house plot, even if it were restricted to a two story dwelling.

Finishing the existing house tile sets, additional rewards for all levels, and more rewards per level would be really lovely as well. It'd be exceptionally cool to lower the requirements for basic ethys so newer accounts don't have to shell out for the charger or go without.

Arrgh likes this.
  32. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i dont know if this could be a vet reward or not but i always thought itd be nice if there was a small area near luna bank where we can submit a rune to our shop and a gate would open and stay for like an hour or more
    when people point to the gate it could say the name you put on the rune
    kinda like when an em places a gate
    that way i can advertise my mall easier and its in a designated area so we dont annoy those who arent interested
    if you are afraid we will put runes to dangerous places you can make it only accept runes marked in a house
    the runes allready have the word house automatically added to them so it shouldnt be too difficult id assume
    anyhow thats my idea
    also id really like a new way to handle my gold like check books or stackable checks but what id really want is the idea in the other thread where its turned into a stat and we can have platinum

33. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yeeeah!! Let's make more vet rewards only a handful of ppl can use!! That should keep those of us who have been playing since beta on various accounts an incentive to stray...to another mmo! My oldest account belongs to a friend who didn't start playing until the 3rd year, it will be 15 years old on the anniversary, another account belongs to another friend who started about 3 mths afterwards (will be 14 yrs old) and yet another account I gave to another friend but he got his banned (would have been 15 years old). So much for being a good Samaritan huh? I gave these accounts away, no cost, just in order to interest a few ppl into playing UO, so yeah it's my fault I'm a generous person.

As far as anniversary gifts and rewards I'd like to see tokens like we had a few years ago that gave players the ability to pick several different items except this time I'd like to see them include rares replicas such as Singing Ball, 2-story statues, Magical lock boxes, Palm Tree and other various Magenica rubble and well just all the over-priced pixel crack. How about some new cloaks, aprons, sashes, boots, etc with properties that are useful and don't wear out? I really would like a floating cloud with a Howitzer mounted on it as well but I don't want to play WoW...

34. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

are you seriously suggesting that vet rewards which are there to reward people who played for so many years are unfair because you gave your accounts away and started over?

i must have misunderstood this post because its completely rediculous as i understand it now
    like saying its unfair that diablo 3 costs $60 because i gave all my money away to get people interested in shopping
    am i being punished for being geneous?
    no i simply cant afford it because i gave all my money away
    so the way i understand it you are not being punished you simply gave away your rights to these vet rewards

ps i didnt actually give my money away im just making a point
    thought id mention that in case someone decided to start discussing that

i think you need to read that sentence in your sig
    kinda applies to you more than others

35. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You win. Happy?

36. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I never put a year limit on the vet rewards or holiday gifts I listed.
    Yes I did put it on what I thought the 15 year vets deserve for being here for 15 years. My own main account is only 11 & half years. I will have to wait 3 & half years to be able to do this myself. Its not about me and what I should get to do for 15 years its about the 15 year players. You will be able to go in with the 15 year player if you are in their party you won't be able to click on the statue is all.

37. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

...the original soundtrack from Ultima 6 and 7 as gears for the music box!

Vivacia and Fogsbane like this.
  38. Eaerendil

COOOOOL!!!

39. Eaerendil

...i meant this...:

or even this:

The music ingame could be sooooo much better... I am really sick of the actual sounds!

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  40. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

MT32 goodness.

And I always loved the Wing Commander MT32 stuff

41. Eaerendil

Yea, great - loved those games, too - on my 386, hehe! But: Wrong thread - at least for the last vid ;-)

42. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

I'd be happy if it were a house deed for a 7x7 house (just like we used to have) with a special house sign saying that it is a vets home. Every 15 year account may place 1 of those deed houses per shard. They should not count against the housing limits. Would it hurt to see more 7x7 houses again?

eve likes this.
  43. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

theme based singing balls, environment, tame-ables, mobs, weapon/spell actions

44. greenwolf

greenwolf Journeyman

Rather than adding a "basement" just add another floor. We already know the Devs won't add a sub level to our already existing houses. Nor are they willing to give us any of their space in green acres. Simply adding another floor on top, rather than underneath, is easier to do in the sense its not a sub level, is just another level added on top of one that's already there.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  45. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'd go for that if they threw in bridges, so we could end this goza mess. have a little tower in the corner w/ a bridge across to the main structure.

46. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

MY UO Christmas wish list:
    • an 840 skill cap
    • a door stop which props my castle doors open
    • i would really, really, really LOVE a jewelry box
    • a checkbook would be nice too but only if it counted as 1 lockdown even when filled with checks
    • house wall paint (flat latex interior paint)

47. popps

popps Always Present

For 15th Year Veteran Rewards I would like to see :

1) - The ability to place a second home (no size restrictions) as long as it is not on a shard where the account owns already one. This way, finally long time Vets can have a house on Siege without having to give up their existing house on another shard......
    Acount bound.

2) - The option to place a basement which increases their house storage capacity by 1/3 (+33%)
    Acount bound.

3) - A search tool which can look for an item on any character main backpack and other containers on a given shard, their bank boxes and secures in a house owned by that account as well as ridden blue beetles (basically a comprehensive search for a given item as a Game Master could do) and report the result of where the searched item has been found to be....
    Can be claimed only by a 15th Year Vet account but any age account can use.

4) - A new type of Shard Shield were the represented Shard can this time be changed from one month to another and not be fixed forever as it is now. The other existing limitations would stay.
    Account bound.

5) - A cool ethereal mount that counts for zero followers' slots.
    Account bound.

6) - A Rhabdomancy stick (no charges, unlimited use...) which can find a Treasure Chest location from within 30 tiles radious when being hold in hand. It will provide a series of messages while shaking in one's own hand directing to the proper treasure location.
    Can be claimed only by a 15th Year Vet account but any age account can use.

Bryelle Vaughn and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  48. Fogsbane

Popps - i like this idea a lot!

49. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My Gawd, is treasure hunting so hard to you peeps that you seriously need this ingame? If you're gonna go to this length of foolishness, just program it where you hit the ground with it twice and it teleports the chest to your front steps, unlocked, untrapped, and with the loot of whatever mobs woulda spawned in small packs laying next to it.

Geeeeeezzz Loueeeez

50. roninaxx

roninaxx Journeyman

a talisman that gives extra control slots and/or stable slots personal blessed for char using it.
    a weapon/shield or spellbook with day account created or a statue engraving tool that allows you to put correct age of char on its statue.( birth cert).

Sevin0oo0 likes this.