1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

2 handed Melee Weaps

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cetric, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Can we get some sort of advantage to 2 handed melee weaps? You rarely see them used anymore because of the need to have a free hand for pots and things. More base damage or some other weird ability. Heck, taking the lumberjack bonus and bumping it up (maybe applying it to all 2 handed, so fencers, macers, etc, aren't left in the dust) would even be nice, since you wouldn't have the free hand it would be a decent balance.

I dunno... maybe im just sick of seeing bokutos and little sissy weaps... where are the hallys people? :lol:

2. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If it is to change.. don't base it on Lumberjacking! Think of the War Hammers man! Those poor War Hammers!

3. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I do agree with that one. edited original post hehe. Any sort of change for these things would work.

I mean really? so many people run around with wooden toy swords (Bokutos) nerve striking, but you never see someone wailing on someone with a war hammer, a hally, a double axe, a long spear (Lied i guess i use those) etc. They are slow.. you can't drink pots with them equiped... many of them have iffy specials... give them some love!

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

On our shard, you don't see them in PvP as much. Though keep in mind that the one-handers you see frequently aren't all bokutos!

But in PvM, you see two-handers a lot. And trust me, they don't need a boost. The most popular ones are Ornate Axes, Double Axes, and Daishos. Ever see an Ornate Axe swung at the max. 1 swing per 1.25 seconds? I have. *shivers* And SSI items are plentiful these days.

I doubt you'll ever see halbreds use commonly again in either, but you will continue to see them used for specialized needs, for example in PvM they can be of great use at champ spawns if they have an area effect ('cos you get the area effect + whirlwind attack).

-Galen's player

5. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

If it really is decided that there is no need for a boost for these weaps in pvm... simply make it player/pvp specific...

Too often changes are made to pvm that hurt pvp and vice versa. Simply make it specific to one.

6. [JD]

[JD] Guest

in PVM 2 handers are fine. in PVP thats the prob due to damage caps against players. so people optomize weapons accordingly.

7. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

I have noticed over the years that many successive teams have been reluctant to make PvM- or PvP-specific changes. Whether this could be because they just don't like it or it's a pain in the ass for them somehow I don't know.

It surely seems to be easier, though, when the system just has to check the target to see if it's a player or a monster. Something similar is done with the SDI cap, for example. The system can tell if the target is a monster or a player, and can apply the cap if it's a player and not apply it if it's a monster.

So what you propose, based on similar systems that already exist, surely seems possible.

Let me ask you this, though....How sure are you that the lack of two-handers in PvP is really due to a weakness in 2-handers? I've frankly always thought it had a lot more to do with a preference in PvP for drinking potions. Rare is the player corpse that doesn't have a lot of them. And if I'm right any amount of boosting of 2-handed weapons just ain't gonna matter.

-Galen's player

8. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They should let you still drink a potion but double your swing delay for the next swing.

9. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

for the most part, two handed weaps in pvp went out with the tank mage, with the exception of the war hammer which had a nice little run as a death dealer. Ahhhhh those were the days. Orny axes with hopped up SSI, can be an exception to this rule.

However it is preferable, to do lots more little damage ticks than the wait, wait, wait, BAM. And we have spells like death strike that make the need for having a big heavy weap unnecessary for dealing large damage in pvp. I think I have a war mace somewhere with 50 ssi on it. I might have to dig it out and take a look-see at it again.

Even back before AoS though in a kat vs hally contest, the kat wielder would usually come out on top. It is worth noting that duel hands do get a fair bonus over one hand for parry which can translate to evasion as well.

Thanks for the discussion.

10. Bingo
    logic.

Like I could hold my weapon in one hand, fumble through my pack of 110 items. Which includes 86 potion bottles that dont break.

Some stuff makes no sense. *holds weapon with one hand and drinks potion*

Dont get me started on leather armour being as good as plate. We should just imbue robes with all stats and forgo armor.

Anyway good solution on your part.

11. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I bet you could create an assist macro, or EC hotkey that would have you unequip, do the deed, and re-equip faster than the delay. *shrugs*

12. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just allow balanced on them. I never saw the reason why archers get it and melees don't.

Also in PvP melee fighters in general are rare - everyone just runs around and fires ranged attacks at you or roasts you with spells.

I do love my fighter, but I can't kill a decent pvper in 1vs1. I can deal large amounts of damage, but he just runs and heals.

13. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Without saying whether I agree with it or not, the argument at the time, as I recall, was that any other weapon fighter has a choice: one-handed with pots, or two-handed without. (Quick aside: Anyone remember way back in the day when you could drink potions with a two-handed weapon?) Archers, however, only have two-handed weapons.

However, the balanced property was introduced back when archers were under-powered, especially in PvP. The UO Power Gamers site advised the following technique when PvPing against an archer: Laugh at him and kill him. Thanks to "balanced" and other changes, though, the pendulum has swung back to archery and a series of nerfs hasn't done a whole lot to change that. Maybe it's done some.

Generally speaking, though, for most of this game's existence some kind of hybrid template is best in PvP.

Back to the original topic, sorry Cetric.....I'm inclined to think drinking potions is so ingrained in PvP that two-handed weapons in PvP will always be a niche market.

Having said that, 3 successive UO teams now have spoken about wanting to do a "balance pass" on weapon damage generally, to give all weapons the same DPS and special moves that are about on a par with each other. (Right now, for example, 1-handed swords weapons are not terribly useful in PvM for the most part, not relative to other kinds of weapons anyway. That's one of several reasons I made Galen a Fencer after years as a Swordsman.)

I would suspect, however, that we won't ever see that pass. I think there's so many SSI items in the game that there'll simply be too many ways around any balancing efforts they make.

Besides, isn't PvP weapon choice more about the special moves than anything? I had the impression people liked the bokuto mostly for Nerve Strike, which remains powerful even though (justly) nerfed.

It's long been my impression that, while both specials and DPS are important to both PvP and PvM, specials were more important in PvP weapon selection, and DPS more important in PvM weapon selection.

-Galen's player

14. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

One thing that was mentioned a while back that i loved, was taking 2 handers or pole arm type weapons, and giving them a 2-tile radius. By doing this it doesn't overpower the weapon damage wise, but gives you a little more range to using it. Thus the balance - range and power with a 2 hander, speed and pots with the one hander.

Would love to see something like that =/

15. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

You do realize that the two handed weps can do more dmg than any other in the game? As it stands now...with the right temp an axxer can do more than 40 dmg without using any specs. Again, for posterity...without using any specs.

16. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

What about heavily needed mage changes? As things are now, no decent dexxer should ever lose to a mage. IMO balance totally threw *balance* in game off, mages have taken it in the butt since.

17. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

I've always kinda been attracted to that idea, myself. Off hand I don't see how over-powered that could possibly make any meelee weapon relative to, say, a Heavy Crossbow. I might be missing something horrendous I guess. But I don't see how.

Also that's how halbreds worked in Ultima 4 and Ultima 5.

One-handers would have the ability to drink potions or wear a shield; Axes would have excellent DPS and the potential Lumberjack bonus; other two-handed weapons would have good DPS and good specials (sometimes); pole arms would have the 2-tile range.

Let's see....Halbred and Bardiche definitely. I'd love for it to be applied to the spear but I'm betting that would raise a balance issue. In fact I can't think off-hand of a two-handed mace or fencing weapon that wouldn't cause a balance issue with.

But, really, maybe only the Halbred and the Bardiche really need the boost. Some of UO's other historical weapons really hold their own as it is.

I'm probably overlooking some horrendous side-effect though. lol

-Galen's player

PS: Devs if you do this you should probably also take off the LJ damage bonus on those weapons. Two-tile range would matter a lot more anyway.

18. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I kill most dexers on my variety of mages, other dexers just run away before i have the chance. There is only a select few that get the better of me the majority of the time.

Don't think mages need much love outside of tossing a purge type spell into a standard mage set.

kind of funny i'm taking a stand to enhance dexers a bit... when i mainly play casters.

19. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

2 handed weapons naturally have a better ssi/damage ratio, the fact that you sacrifice them for one handed weaps to pot doesn't mean that 2 handed weaps need to be made better, more like pots need to be nerfed.

20. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I kind of agree? but that better "ssi/dmg ratio" doesn't really apply to pvp, only in pvm as Galen has pointed out several times.

21. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I think all the dev teams have been skittish of doing anything with these legacy weapons for fear or triggering the stand and deliver "set for charge" code. Could be wrong though.

22. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

I don't doubt you are a good mage, however the majority of dexxers you fight are far under your skill level...so it is hardly fair to consider them when thinking about whether or not to make dexxers even more potent...especially the ones who can already dish out large damage with no expenditure in mana.

When the current rules for mages were put in place...
    1) bows were not balanced
    2) 100% DI and all 70s were unheard of
    3) apples were not an issue
    4) faction gear and 70% of the modern used items were not available
    5) bows and slow weapons were still slow, swinging slow weapons at max rate was not a possibility.
    6) HLD was not a mod...

As I mentioned before, a mage actually used to be able to completely interrupt bandaids...not possible anymore. Mage spells used to be faster, but additional delay was added for *balance*. Since the above changes to the game, mages have remained the same.

IMO, some sort of boost is needed to offset this imbalance. Either through SDI or a boost in FC.

Yeah, you made me shake my head on this thread...

23. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Any decent mage can pump out enough damage to take down a dexer, just like a dexer relys on RNG to get kills, you have to rely on his RNG to miss. The only issue with taking down a dexer or archer on occassion is taking them down and keeping them on screen to do it. Sometimes you have to bait them in (being an ai+hit spell away from death) and hoping they miss, so you can drop them before they run away.

So anyways.. if you want a bump to mages, please create your own thread and stop hijacking mine =)

24. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I thought that we all came to the conclusion that this type of damage was only due to certain people having lack-luster suits. I can post a link to the thread again if we need a reminding....

How long back are you talking for points 1-6. Balanced bow's are kinda new, sorta. 70+DI and 70's have been avalible for ages now. Apples are kinda new, sorta. Faction gear has been around for a fair time as have imbued suits. Fletcher kits and hammers have made it possible to have 30 SSI items for ages. HLD has been around for ages, its the M&S glasses that have only been around for 5+ years.

25. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Initially I figured some of these huge damage amounts were limited to one template...but they are not. BTW, I would hardly call a all 70s suit lackluster.

All 70s suits with max mods did not fully appear until imbuing. Same goes for the DI with MAX HCI DCI and all 70s. Since imbuing was introduced...no changes to magery dmg have occurred to counter the offset.

Apples have been around for some time, and they completely nerf mage spell damage. Faction gear has been around for some time, again...no changes were made to offset the introduction of the gear.

60 SSI hasn't been a possibility for long...at least not with all 70s. Yes, assasin suit...but those resists are far from what is commonly used in the arena today. With regards to stuff being around for some time...that only strengthens my point...

Which was...mages have sat in the shadows while everything else takes a huge bump...years in the making. The damage output of every single char class has gone up except for one type...the mage.

26. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Good luck with that!

You just pointed out one of the concerns I brought up. Speed. As wep speeds, SSI, and stam increased...so did damage output. On the flip side, no changes were made to speed up or increase the damage done by casters. Seems to me you cannot bump up one side of things without the other. Doing so only leads to imbalance.

Sorry if you feel I am hijacking your thread...I am simply trying to point out the obvious inconsistencies as reasons why additional changes are unnecessary from the perspective of the dexxer.

27. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I personally feel pvp was as close to balanced as it ever was right before mysticism was added, and they still haven't nerfed mystic into the ground enough to bring it back. And unfortunatly i'm assuming they are done with mysticism, even though the need to fix cleansing winds healing so much, and through mortals and stuff.

28. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

If the RNG, imbuing changes, cheats, and client speed differences were not an issue...I might be inclined to agree with you.

As far as mysticism...if you are going to consider things like cleansing winds, you should also consider spirit speak and confidence as well. Both of these can heal through poison, not sure about mortal though...and at a much faster clip than cleansing winds.

Personally I see no issue with cleansing winds as it is too slow to cast. I also don't recall it healing much of anything if you are mortaled...but then again I have not pvp'ed in a couple of weeks.

Now, if you want to consider something overpowered...take a good look at bandaids. The are failproof and can be used while chugging pots. At least a mage can be interrupted...

Again, I don't mean to pull from your topic...I just want to see both sides of the totter teeter evenly... :)

29. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Confidence/spiritspeak Vs. Cleansing Winds

Spiritspeak can heal through all of them but is also fairly slow, and always interuptable (even in protection) It also doesn't heal a whole lot of damage.

Confidence heals up fairly quickly but not a big "burst" heal hit points, it kicks ur hpr up a notch, stops when u take dmg or are poisoned.

Now cleansing winds... heals around 60 hit points, fairly quickly, removes curses and cures poisons all in one spell. Couple this with protection/stone form and you basically can't kill someone dedicated to using it unless you take them out of form.

You are/were right on the mortal, it used to not heal after removing the mortal. But the last "fix" to cleansing winds broke it so it removes mortal AND heals 2/3rds normal dmg.

As for bandages.. no. Bandages require quite a bit of investment (2 skills and dex) to get real use from them (heal/cure/res). There are a hell of alot better things you can get use out of in 2 skills than bandages. They can be interupted with correct amounts of dmg, forcing them to heal less and less on every one of them. They can be slowed down by doing dmg (quickly dropping their stamina) They can be stopped with well timed poisons (forcing the bandage cure). They can be stopped with well timed bleed. They can be stuck with a mortal. They take at minimum what, 5 s to get a full heal off.. soemtiems mroe depending on dex/stam levels. I'd take greater heals (quicker but interuptable) over any of these "overpowered ones" any day... burst and speed. Bandages... not overpowered lol.

30. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

100 anat, 90 healing vs. 120 focus 100 mystic. The part about substantial dex is moot...considering a mystic requires high int just to cast. They also require a wep skill or magery just to avoid being hit.

Bandages can be interrupted, but not stopped...even interrupted they still heal more than a mage spell that gets stopped. Also, with a 4 second bandy timer a mage can only get off one spell of considerable damage before the heal timer goes off. (two if precast).

Well timed poisons? Perhaps if you are good at mind reading...but I have yet to see a good dexxer who was incapable of using a pot before his timer went off. Not to mention poisons are not absolute...as most good dexxers do not shirk on resist.

Bleed and mortal? Good luck being able to do either of those two things on a modern mage. Tank mages are all but worthless anymore...thanks to imbuing.

Not overpowered? We agree to disagree.

Oh and I think you underestimate confidence when combined with healing and pots. I see archers running around using this alot now, and the burst you speak of is massive...especially with casting and recovery.

31. Picus at the office

Stratics Veteran

Based upon this posting I'm making a new temp tonight that omits any weapon skill for a dexxer because it's clear that I don't need just to avoid being hit.

Sadly a dexxer is at a even greater disadvantage then a mage cause he needs high str, dex and a mana pool just to work. A non parry mage can skip the whole dex issue, not that there are many of those running around anyways.

32. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

healing/anat vs. mystic/focus is the moot point. healing/anat is heal/cure/res. mystic/focus is a ton of offense, a ton of defense, a mana/stam regen ability. The most versatile 2 skill set in uo, next is magery, and only reason magery is not in this mix is because eval does not regenerate some mana.

also, on the confidence burst. By burst i mean one chunk... a heal pot is burst hit points, a greater heal is 30something burst healing. Cleansing winds is 60ish un cursed. Confidence heals alot, but not in one big chunk it moves up over a short period of time and is stopped when damaged.

33. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

If the Dev's would allow us to add "balanced" to any two-hander would be nice.

34. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Unfair comparison, considering a dexxers main point of offense is a wep. DERP! Point was, without a wep skill or mage wep a mage is useless.

Second, it is far easier to have high str dex and int on a dexxer than it is on a mage.

Try *agin*

35. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Not moot...as we were talking of points required to heal...not to fight.

so...
    offense:
    mystic mage...480 skill points just to be effective casting.
    dexxer...210 points just to be effective hitting.

healing:
    mystic mage...300+ skill...magery/mystic/focus
    dexxer...190+ skill...healing/anat(which doubles for damage mod)

defense:
    mystic mage...+20 mage wep or 120 wep skill
    dexxer...already covered by offensive skill

consider that if you would.

36. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

ok points to heal, but by far you get waaayyyy more bang for your buck with the skills in mystic instead of healing/anat.

Ok lets get back on topic.

So, what are, if any, problems people would see from adding balance to other 2 handed weaps besides bows, or allowing pole arms to hit in a 2 tile radious? (Note: i do not think it should be both, but one or the other)

37. Picus at the office

Stratics Veteran

You almost without fair add more options to each reply so lets just slow this down a little.

Mystic =240 points to both have decent burst damage and healing
    Mage =240 points to have decent burst damage but really you only need 80 to have decent healing/curing and 110 to res
    mystic mage could get away with 360 all day long and have a huge advantage=120 myst, focus, mage and gets all the advantage of healing/cure/res with the mage weap mod.

Dexxer is the real loser as they need 120 weapon skill to do any minor damage, 90+ tactics to add true burst damage to it, at least 100 healing and you might want 100 anat to cure/res. So really you need 310 skill points to truelly compare a dexxer to either a mage or a mystic but you would be closer to 400+ once you add in anat just to be on par

Either caster has range, the mage can have the bonus of -20 weapon thus freeing up 120 points which can be allocated to eval. Yes its 480 to have a rocking char but you have the "free" 120 points and the full range of spells but a dexxer is still chasing you around hoping to catch a lucky hit yet a spell never misses, ever.

Back on topic, I see no great loss for adding balance to two handed weapons...other then I'd have to remake some.

38. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

When you look at this as a whole...you would be mistaken. Considering 480 skill for mage vs. 400 for a dexxer. Damage output for a dexxer is much much higher with less mana expendature and less chance of fail. (dexxy swing still swings...interrupt a mage and they need to start over again)

Ok lets get back on topic.

Problems? Well in order to maintain balance there needs to be drawbacks. By allowing heavy damage two handed weps to be handled without penalty only further leads to balance issues.

Second, we have the issue with client usability. The enhanced client is not mage friendly in PvP...but it is for dexxers. If you allow for dexxers to hit from more than one tile in melee...this non friendly gap only increases instead of decreases. Instead of needing to stand next to you...they would simply have to get close to lay the smack down. Now, I don't know about you...but allowing a wep to do 35+ dmg without the expendature of mana or need of skill is just not feasible to me.

39. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Aren't all weapons evened out for equal damage over time? All even supposedly?
    Except how does no pot use and lack of shield come into play in this 'even'?
    I played an axer, and have several 2-handed arte level weaps, I tried using them all and most of what I got was almost killed, and had to switch back to sword to fight spawns. Swing, whiff, wait a few seconds, rinse & repeat, go get rezzed. Do they have any idea how short most fights are? (talkin pvm here)

40. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Not true, on its own mystic is nothing more than a secondary skill such as necro...it requires other skills to compliment in order to be effective.

400 skill I will give you for a dexxer vs. 500 for a mage (mage wep). Second, disarm a mage and a mages entire template is rendered useless. Saying mystic and mage are unrelated is moot...as the skills compliment each other in the same fashion that anat does for dexxers.

Free 120 points? I guess you forgot how packed mage temps are since the advent of tactics requirement for specs. Personally I think things were fine when they tied mysticism to eval...since it actually allowed a mage to have a real wep skill. I suppose I thought the same as you when I played nothing but dexxers.

Aye, no great loss for the melee player...but you could say goodbye to mages should this occur.

41. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

three and a half hours of actually rather coherent and meaningful conversation on the relative merits and function of two handed mele weapons in a digital game, with only two others trying to butt in.

On the one hand, good job! You guys know your &%#*!:scholar:

On the other hand, remind me never to go to a bar with you guys after a town hall, fer real.:beer:

42. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed...I would also like to see balanced as a mod as well I mean if someone using a heavy crossbow can suck back a potion can't someone with an ax drink one too :)

I'm tired of seeing and using the same weapons...would love to have my macer back in action with a Hammer hehe

43. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

While I do think 2 handed melee weapons need some loving, mages at the current stat is pathetic with a capital P.

Why is it mages are forced to pick up myst and focus and a mage weapon just so they can semi defend themselves from an utter humuliation when comparing to dexers in term of offensive burst and defensive healing. Who cares if bandaids takes 2 skills and 4 seconds of time? Realistically mobility is the king of UO pvp. Mages get shafted in that aspect in all way shape and form.

Do you know mages will kill for a running heal that's uninterruptible. Bandages can heal near 60s once every 4 seconds in a full run while you are moving shotting the mage that's chasing you. 19 damage slip threshold is a joke considering mages have to use 6th circle or above to make you heal "less" and how is a mage bolting you while you are bolting the other way while they need to be completely paralyzed/frozen/stunned in place for 1.75 second to cast an single ebolt?

I play all capable pvp templates dexers and mages why isn't a pure mage among em?
    Its either myst mage cookie cutter or a tamer mage now all the way. Or take 1 step further a necro myst mage.

Fact is not everyone can play a mage yet all capable mages can play a dexer.
    And any dexer with half of a brain of amonkey shouldn't ever die to a mage 1v1 "field fight"

Ok now back to 2 handed weapons.
    People who say weapon skills are equal should think a little bit...
    Why is it I can sell 120 archery for 8+mill sword for 6 yet mace and fencing 120s are in the single mill range? Heck I can't even sell my 120 wreslting for 200k.

Pots are simply too great to pass on and use a 2 handed weapon for extra 2 points of dmg. And bokuto as a single handed 2s weapon offers 2 of the best specials in UO offensively and defensively. You don't even need any ssi on bokutos for 35+ of damage at cap speed andit even comes with a paralysis effect. Being wood it gets the best enhancement from materials and you can even chug and evade with one too!

Case closed.

44. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

How do you propose mages get buffed in order to compensate for the changes?
    If balance is really about keeping things equal, there needs to be some sort of equivalent exchange. As of right now...I am still waiting for mages to get that sort of balance...either in the form of serious FC changes, casting on the run, or else a bump in SDI.

OH...and what WarUltima said too...100%

45. I honestly think one of the major things holding back weapons, not only two handers but one handers as well, are special moves.

Without specific specials some weapons are just not worth it. Even with potions being useable with two handers, who would use a warhammer or halberd with the specials they offer?

Personally I've imbued a full plate suit with a bone helm and use a halberd on my tank mage. This is a character I've roleplayed since pre-AoS and I've kept a similar template throughout. Is he as good as someone in leather using a planesword? No. Does that matter to me? No.

46. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with this too.
    Now say if we remove nerve strike and feint from bokuto and give it crushing blow and double strike instead see how people would still use it.

Putting nerve strike on only 2 handed weapons will of course invoke a lot of QQing.

Mages to be buffed on par with dexers and archer will invoke a **** storm so bad that Uhall will be taken down to prevent RL homicide.

47. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I like the 2 space range or Balance for two handers. Gotta look that Balance sucks a slot. SSI a must for those slow weapons. If crafted DI mod loss automatic or looted store bought 450 mod points cap.

They have a blanket effect. So why not randomize the specials of all weapons ingame and any made. Add a new skill that allows a player to pick their specials.

Imbuing has not made everyone have uber armor and weapons. Imbuing has allowed those that didn't have dozens of val hammers or a sripter in heartwood to have equal items. Now can we have an update to the BOD rewards?

Mage Armor. Base numbers between leather and metal are minor in the end product. It is about the player that likes the look of full set of plate. Add in a heafty ingredient line for metal armor that is mythryll, engraved or light that can med in.Studded, Hide and Bone armor that is Stamped, Engraved or Embroidered for medding. Just make scale armor meddable.

Crafted Gator Back that is cursed and uses the cloak slot for wearing. Hands free sippy straw to back bag filled with fav flavor potion. Use timer.

Or a new random check on sucking down a potion in bottle form. Like a fizzle or slip get message bottle break and wait timer still applies. So any potion use has a chance break before use.

48. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Ummm...no. To all of it. Sorry.

49. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Without a why :postcount: attaboy

50. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Really?

1) Pick specials?
    A- No. This would be the same as allowing a mage to grab a necro book and using spells from it without the skill. Or, allowing a mage to choose how much damage a spell does.
    2) Balance?
    A- No. Since people always want something in this game for nothing, they do not always take the time to look at the consequences...which in this case just happens to be imbalance.
    3) Sippy straw?
    A- No. You are asking to make an easy template even easier to play. Again, people tend to ask for stuff but never offer any counter measure to balance out the rest of things. In this case the trade off for high damage is not being able to chug. However, a simple keypress alleviates that issue by disarming the two handed wep!
    4) BOD reward update?
    A- No. reason...kits of all kind do what they are made to do and are easy to attain.
    5) Potion fail
    A- I am still waiting for bandy fail...so no.