1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Questions About Water Tiles

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Gwenyth, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Gwenyth

Gwenyth Guest

First - How do I place deco items on water tiles? Specifically, how do I get my new water lilies placed in my rooftop pond??

Second - Can you place something on or under the tiles to allow you to walk on them?

Any help is much appreciated :)
  2. In all honesty I've never been able to place anything on an actual water tile... though I've placed the items I want "in" the pond in the grass outlaying the pond... and raised it up with a deco tool. I know the waterfall tiles and such if you place a grass tile or just a regular floor tile under it, the waterfall tile will cover up the grass completely so it looks like water, but you're allowed to walk on it.

Hope that helps you a little.
  3. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 12, 2004
    You can't walk over a regular water tile as far as I know. As for the placement issue, remove the water tile in customization more, place the item where you want it and lock it down, then go back into customization and replace the water tile. The item *should* remain in place.
  4. feath

feath Guest

what i've always had to do was place the item first, then place the water tile.
    i think i've also tried it by leaving blank spaces where i want the item, and creating a walk way. then place the item, then go back into deco mode and fill in the water tiles.
    but that was a lot more work, although more precise than the first method, where i make more mistakes lol
  5. Gwenyth

Gwenyth Guest

Thanks for the replies! That's exactly the info I needed. I guess I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go back into customize mode since that involves removing the elven deco and relocating all the plants in my flower boxes after I'm done. I was hoping for a lazy way out :lick: