1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

2-Story Talking Statue problem, help appreciated.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gary Rendol, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Gary Rendol

Gary Rendol Guest

Hi, I have a 2-story talking statue that i was meaning to sell. The problem now is this thing will not speak. I have pleanty of people who have seen it say "go no further least ye meat doom" or something like that. I placed the item in a bag to show a potential buyer then placed back in home to demonstrait it speaking. It will speak once per player/monster/npc. You can set it off with any spawn including summoned pets. In front of the potential buyer this thing was as silent as a crypt, i could not get it to speak and for 2 days now it has been silent. I dont know if its a bug or if its just a stubborn item in general but any advice on how to reactivate it speaking would be greatly appreciated. I look very foolish showing this item and it no longer working. It spoke last 3 days ago and every test before that had worked for a very long time, so it all of a sudden went silent when i re-placed it in my home. Thanks for taking the time to read. -Gary

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

As far as I know, that's a normal setup for those. The ones I have been around have only spoken to me once also.
    Unless, of course, I go with a new summon, like shadow wisp or something, then it will speak everytime cause it's a new summon each time.
    I dont have any, but that's been my experience passing houses that do have em out front

3. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Its just once per encounter. Where is it at and how much I might be interested. No need to prove anything to me I understand how it works. Frankly I have never seen one that does not talk.
    :)

Send me a pm or icq

4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well as I understand them it takes a pair to do get them to speak and the right pair set up. Something about getting the right one in the right spot to start the jabbering.