1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

20 Magery & Resist Shortage ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Airhaun, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Has anybody noticed a reduction in the drop rate of 120 Magery and Resisting Spell scrolls by chance? A buddy and myself have probably completed 60 (conservative estimate) spawns in the past 3 - 4 weeks and not a single 20 Magery or Resist. We do however have multiples of most other 20s, and we're 1 - 115 Magery away from binding a 120 (& 120 Resist).

Very strange, is not consistent with usual drop rate so figured I'd take it to the masses.

#1 Airhaun, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I've never known the Magery scrolls to NOT be that much rarer than anything else. From the day Lake Austin opened in 2002, Magery scrolls have always cost 2-4 times as much as most other desirable scrolls, from rarity (though, I have to take friends' word on it for the first 5 months of the shard - but in those pre-transfer-token days, they were still trying to get all the scrolls to rebuild their characters from their old shard as AoS launched).

Granted, I don't do Fel myself, but my friends and guildmates that do have always complained about the drop rate, even back in 2003 when I first started playing UO.

3. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A know a group and one member got 3 120 magery in the last 2 days from doing about 20 spawns. The same guy got 2 Crown of Tal'Keesh and a swamp tile.

4. Jason

Jason Adventurer

I do 2-3 spawns a day, solo - with a toon protecting.
    after 2 months, havent had a mage or resist scroll.

(and bugger all 20's)

5. swroberts

swroberts Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have solo'd many spawns in the last few years with a single 120 Magery to show for it. I really don't understand why the 120 Magery costs so much(unless it is simply for the rarity. Now I don't play a pure Magery char, but a Discord/Spellweaver/Mystic. The only reason I have magery at all is for the invisibility and recall. Unless I'm missing something, Magery as it currently stands is extremely weak and banished to a supporting role. The only importance for Magery would be to inscribing Scrapper's for extra Mods. Either way, the skill doesn't seem to support the 10-14 mil pricetag I see on the venders.

6. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

The answer is simple... PvP

7. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

How long has magery been banished?..I didn't get the memo

8. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

The reason it costs so much is because the skill itself can be use as a defensive skill with out spending more skill points in wrestling/archery/or any other combat skill. Just equip a mage weapon and balance out the the -# Mage weapon with Magery Increase items. That's pretty important in pvp.

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Was his name Dark Knight???

Sounds like my old friend... his luck was totally disgusting.

10. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Back when I was spawning, it was about every couple weeks to get a 120 magery to drop. I get 120 resist a lot.