1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

20% SSI vs 30% SSI

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Val-Tur, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Val-Tur

Val-Tur Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 27, 2005
    I have been playing around with some Diasho I imbued. Soloed my first paragon Balrons going toe to to with them instead of jousting with a slow/hard hitting weapon. Yay me! =p

Anyway, one of the main reasons I have not used Diasho much is that I seem to run out of mana much more quickly than say a harder hitting axe weapon with 30% SSI. But I have to say that Fient pretty much rocked the para Balron.

Let's compare a 150 sta melee using Daisho with 20% SSI and 30% SSI. Then as your getting beat up a bit @ 75 sta.

150 STA, 20% SSI = 1.25 dly. 56% HML is max imbueable. At 75 STA = 1.75 dly.
    150 STA, 30% SSI = 1.25 dly. 50% HML is max imbueable. At 75 STA = 1.5 dly.

The difference in maxiumum mana leeched based on an average 50 dmg hit would be (0.4 * 50 * 0.56) - (0.4 * 50 * 0.50) = 1.2 mana leeched per hit. BUT this is if you leeched the maxium amount of mana every hit. Which you dont.

So whats more important on a Diasho? The extra 10% SSI (0.25 dly) when getting hurt, or the extra 0 - 1 mana per swing over a long fight?

Please discuss.

BTW the charts on UO Guide are a bit off. The max HML I used was what I could actually imbue.
  2. I'd go for SSI over mana myself. It's very common to get streaks of 5 or more hits where HSL doesn't go off, and having the additional 10 SSI means an extra 30 stamina that can be lost without losing anything from your swing speed.