1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

-200 Luck and Shame: Don't Stress.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RavenWinterHawk, Dec 5, 2011.

1. I just started working on how to solo and Unbound EV.

I am fairly close but in order to do so, I crafted a suit without luck with Mods I thought needed. Looking back all I really needed to do is max my dex for quick healing. Live and learn.

However, with -200 luck and killing UEV's with 1 other person, I am getting a lot of loot.

Of 6 items most are artifacts from UEV's. I also noticed I seem to get nicer items from Wind Elementals. They aren't loaded with 6 mods but the mods I get are nice and I seem to get less cursed items.

I also pulled 10% SSI ring.

So my point is... sure more luck gets more items and I guess more mods but no luck doesnt prevent you from getting very good stuff.

In fact it seems like luck of life is more important then luck suit. Getting an item with 2 or 3 excellent mods, non-cursed is the goal. Well my goal...

:danceb: Anyone else notice anything about luck in their experience?

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

do people really think luck ??actually makes a difference???

nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

3. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed

Isn't only the luck of the top damage dealer used for loot calculations?

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if your partner has luck it is most likely going off his/her luck

5. I wasn't grouped up. Just me.

Your luck counts for you only... less you are in a PARTY, then top luck does count.

But you have to be in a PARTY or it is just yours.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

For purposes of the new loot generator, for each piece of loot generated, the system will use the luck of one random player from the creature's top attackers list.

Yes. The generation of an item may be done using one character's luck and the item may then subsequently end up in another character's instanced loot container. Generating the loot and divvying it up are separate processes.

these both were posted from Phoenix

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Oh wow, that's lame. It's been top damager forever. So now basically everyone has to have great luck or else it doesn't matter that your top damager has luck? :/ meh so basically luck becomes worthless in a mixed group...

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

depends on how you look at it! what if the top damage has poor luck or no luck at all ? then the random top damager may be better?

10. Hmm so what do I need luck for unless I am alone.

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

because the damage comes from random top damage person
    So in your example if you have no luck and partner does then going by the average 1 outa 2 times its going to use 0 luck for the calculation

now if you have luck also it will apply luck every time

Hope that makes sense

12. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

in my opinion it should average the luck of all attackers

so that if 1 person has 2000 luck and the second person attacking has 0 luck then it would use 1000 luck

13. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I switched to a tamer that has 0 luck this morning (other account's closed now) and the loot seems to have fewer negative penalties and I actually got a relic fragment from unraveling loot from critters that gave no relic fragments when killing them with a tamer with 1027 luck. Will have to see if I get more relic fragments using a 0 luck character, because using a 1027 luck character and hoping to get relic fragments off level 2 and 3 mobs was, after days of trying, turning out to be a fruitless venture.

14. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

my thrower i use on Unbounds has 0 luck and I seem to get some pretty nice loot. Each body has at least one legendary artie it seems, and a bag of unravellables i had filled up gave about 25 relics.
    Though I still seem to see about the same in Cursed items, at least on Unbounds. Diseased blood eles and wind elementals are nice for non cursed sometimes useable items.

15. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

found the same to be true. with luck i got awesome items but they were mostly all cursed..

without luck i got ok items and more were usable.

16. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thats because the more properties on an item, the more chances Negative properties have to spawn.

With no luck, you will find items with lower intensities/less properties, But they will have a greater chance of not having any negative effects.

So luck is not really a requirement, but it gives better chance for those "Godly" items to spawn, but more likely the item will be cursed, brittle, cannot be repaired, and -100 luck.