1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] 21st century sound effect

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Gilmour, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hello

I realize you have a limited budget for the enhanced client, however, would absolutly adore new quality sound effect for the most common soundeffects.

the ones that annoy me the most are footsteps and riding sounds, which is like copy/pasted from 2d client and doesnt belong in EC.

Please, i would love you forever and ever !

*thumbsup*

Gil

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

/signed

I said that since KR came out... IMHO the audio is a must :)

3. Nalif

Nalif Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed. The horse galloping sound is SO bad. There are plenty of other sounds that are bad too, but this one sticks out above all others simply because you hear it so much.

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

2d has a lot of hidden footstep sounds based on terrain type in good quality, but they never used it :(

5. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I swear UO used some kind of public domain sound library for various sounds. I was watching Hogs Gone Wild the other day and heard the exact same sound you hear when fighting a wolf in UO. I've also heard some other UO sounds in other shows, like some of the nature shows when they recreate attacks.

6. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

standard sounds are not, are many quality sound libraries out there. which you can adapt to your needs.

i dont mind standard sounds, only that it works with whatever it is used for :p

7. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I'm sure they have access to a nice sound library or a dozen, with what they put into Warhammer and Star Wars.

Given how many games they push out every year, they probably have a wide license. The Sims Medieval would probably have a lot of sounds that could be used in UO.

8. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

/signed