1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

24 hour wait on shard xfer

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Kith Kanan, May 22, 2008.

1. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

How about freaking updating you homepage once in a while , need to xfer some gear and chars [ 4 all in all ] dont realy think about what toon to xfer first since they all need to go , so first toon xfers fine , set up for next , and gets told there is a 24 wait .. WTF !!!!! I'm sure its been in some freaking update post ages ago , but I dont read those every freaking time I do something ingame , I read the freaking stuff on the web page , and it says NOTHING about a 24 hour wait... so now its gonna take me 4 freaking days to xfer my stuff OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall::lame::wall:

2. Welcome to the world of shard transfers. :thumbup:

3. KB (first bullet point of "the nutshell")
    :cool:
    Character transfers are limited to once per day, per account.

*shrugs* ... you already figured that out though ... huh?

<<< SnR awaits ..:bored:

4. Kyle

Kyle Guest

yep another bandaid for dupers, not that it stoped them. it just slowed them a little while making the honest players suffer for it . . . sounds like all the "anti-cheating" fixes.

Some day, i hope, someone will pull his/her head outa thier buttox and realise a NONBANDAID fix!

5. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

Thats fine and dandy but thats not the page I log into to buy the freaking things now is it ????

http://support.uo.com/charactertransfer.html

Maybe its me , but I dont see it where it should be....

6. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

I'm freaking happy this was not in affect when I left you guys on Napa , and xfered all my toons to europa... ohhh my god I would have killed myself !!!!!!!!

7. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

its not where it should be cause that would be SMRT D'OH!! SMART. We can't have that now can we?

8. You ALSO don't see the other obvious ommmiisssssion ...

Where does it say you CAN expect to do more than one transfer, per day, week or month?

ooops !

btw ... see ANY vendors with that warning ingame?
    (gamecodes IS NOT the only way to get the transfer token ... [​IMG] Doh!)

9. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

Ehh well if no limitations are posted one would asume there are non right ??:thumbup1:

Nope thats true you can buy tokens ingame , and where would anyone go to get any information on them , 9 out of 10 would prob go to the link I posted.:p

Ahh thread got moved to spiels n' rants because its ofc NOT alloved to tell the high and migihty to get the shid together rolleyes:

10. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actually, it's because your thread was a rant. Try wording things more civilly and respectfully next time, leaving out any profanities, misspelled or otherwise. ;)

11. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

profanities in my first post... I cant spot em.. unless ofc you meen WTF , if thats it then bite me :thumbup1:

And tbh I played this game for so long that I dont have to be polite when stuff like this is not being updated , how long ago did this " fix " go in ???? a year ???? :cursing:

12. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Weren't you ever taught those "manners" things when you were younger?
    The whole, "showing respect" thing, and all the other things generally required for communication between civilised people?
    I suppose not...

13. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

Yes and I was also taught that respect is something you have to earn trugh your actions and behaviour , and not doing your job earns you ZERO points of respect . how hard can it be to update the homepage when new info comes along. Not saying anything is not polite but stupid..........

So if you aint got nothing but comments on my manners then rolleyes:

14. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes, "WTF" is profane term we frown upon but are not super dooper strict in removing for usually they are self contained by either being coupled with other bad things and getting the thread/post removed or they are found in posts such as yours that belong in Spiels n Rants. Or they are used so very innocently that we just *know* the user meant no malcontent by the acronym that it is self-contained by the Community and needs no moderation.

Although, you misunderstood my reply I do think. I was replying to on your general posting behavior where you have been using mispelled profanities or acronyms of them, not your firt post in whole, just in part.

In here (SnR).. you are correct, respect does not *need* to be there. However, targeted disrespect in the form of personal attacks won't be allowed (you haven't done this latter here, so no worries there, just pointing out the difference between this forum and the rest of the Stratics Forums). Everywhere else on UO Stratics however, respect must be shown for it is the very first Rule of Conduct. You can be respectful without being polite, which still doesn't mean rude posts won't just end up here either. ;)

15. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

Understand , I'll try to behave , but where I come from we call a shovel a shovel :thumbup:

16. Setanta

Setanta Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Well, they only have one moving van, so your next char has to wait for it to be unloaded and come back... :p

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!