1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

2D Client does not take the Mouse Wheel as a key ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Aug 11, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The mouse wheel can be clicked (wheel pressed down...).

I tried using it as a key for an in game action but doing ALT-O and clicking the wheel in the "key" space for the macro gump gets nothing, it stays blank.

I wonder why the mouse wheel cannot be selected as a valid macro key in the 2D client.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You can use the mouse wheel button in the CC with UOAssist.

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually, not the button itself but the scrolling down or up can be tagged to a UOAssist macro. So, basically, with UOAssist the wheel can be used to command 2 separate macro.

Still I cannot understand why the 2D client is different and why the pressing of the wheel button won't work.

4. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If you are using microsoft inteli-point, just assign a key stroke to the wheel button that UO can recognize. F1-12, A-Z, 0-9, any of those plus alt or ctrl for example.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

On all my systems, the mouse wheel button is detected as "MB Middle" in UOA.

Scroll up and scroll down can also be assigned to specific functions in UOA. So that's actually 3 UOA functions that you can call just by using the mouse wheel.

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Yes, the button itself. Using UOA, I have set three macros for my mouse wheel: up wheel = target last, down wheel = target self, wheel button = use animal taming.

7. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Mouses didnt have wheels in 1997. :D

Probably something to do with only certain specific keys being pre-defined for macros. I bet a bunch of different keys don't work either, from different character sets (but I may be wrong).

On the other hand, it could be that the macros only work for keys and not other devices (joysticks, gamepads, mice). If someone can get a gamepad working for UO, that would be very cool

Xbox 360 controller;
    left stick = move
    left trigger = run
    right stick = mouse movement
    A, B, X, Y = macros
    bumpers = next target
    back = warmode
    right trigger = select target (if targetting cursor) and attack target (warmode)
    D-pad = hotkeys for options/inventory/paperdoll/skills
    stick pushes in = click (left and right)

8. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

12 different macros actually.
    MWup, MWdown, Alt+MWup, Alt+Ctrl+MWup, Alt+Shift+MWup, Alt+Ctrl+Shift+MWup... etc.

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

DAAMMNNNNNN....Why didn't I think of that!! I use alt/ctrl/shift for the other mouse buttons, never thought of doing the same for the wheel up/down.

That's brilliant!!

10. longshanks

longshanks Guest

Word.

11. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

I have most of my spells and stuff done this way:

Middle Mouse Button
    Mouse Wheel Up
    Mouse Wheel Down

+ alt
    + ctrl
    + shift
    + alt + ctrl
    + alt + shift
    + ctrl + shift
    + alt + ctrl + shift

24 combinations just from the mouse wheel, alt, shift and ctrl :)