1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

2d Not allowing login

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DarkScripture, Dec 15, 2010.

1. I am not sure what the issue is.. I turned off even the windows firewall to test and seem my Stygian Abyss client will log in which i deem unplayable. But for some reason the 2d will not log in. I even reinstalled to make sure. Anyone else having issues?

Patch NotesPublish 68.3: October 26, 2010

2. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

did you patch using run as administrator? I've had that issue when I forgot to. As soon as I re-patched I could log in fine. Hope that helps some!

3. I am using XP on my UO system and have no user that is not admin.
    It does seem like a patch issue from the why it starts. but I am geting.

Starting patch session...
    Transferring patch information
    Patch session completed.

Patch NotesPublish 68.3: October 26, 2010

4. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Due to problems with my graphics card I've reverted back to 2d supported by uoa.Back on point.......... Running win 7 I right clicked on uoa icon ran as admin. Full patch received and login went thru np. All working atm.
    Most problems Ive had on patch days is related to Not running as admin.
    GL

5. Getting a patch error atm so can't even patch the game (enhanced cilent)

6. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Right click your UO icon and select.. Run as administrator.

Stratics really needs to put a sticky up for Patch errors and have the run as admin as one of the possible solutions.

7. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

This is for the ones that are having constant issues with patch errors everytime. You can turn off your UAC but thats up to you.

Step 1: Press the `windows key' on your keyboard or click the `Start Menu button' to open the `Start Menu'. Use the arrow keys to move to `Settings' or use the mouse to Click `Settings' and then from the drop down menu, select `Control Panel' either by using the right arrow key and pressing the `Enter key' or using the mouse to click the same.

Step 2: Select `User Accounts' option from the `Control Panel' window and press `Enter Key' or double click the icon to open the `User Accounts' window.

Step 3: From `User Accounts' window, select `Turn User Account Control on or off'.

Step 4: This will open a new window where you have the option to select whether to turn off the user account control or not. Uncheck the box that states "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer" and press `OK' to accept the changes.

Reboot your computer to see the changes. You will notice that windows vista doesn't ask you for administrator's rights for running any type of program.

Note: This feature of windows vista is meant to protect users and their system from the damage that can be caused by some of the programs meant to cause destruction to the user's system. Therefore, only expert and intermediates users should only try this. Other users can try turning off the user account control at their sole discretion. Neither this website nor the author of this tutorial will be responsible for the damage caused by turning off the `User Account Control' option.

8. I have not idea what is going on with mine but these options are not able to be done on this system. Never had this issue in 13 years of playing and this is even after a reinstall. What seems to be the most odd is that UO is reading that the patch is correct as listed above but I don't think that is the right patch version.

9. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

I have repeatedly PMd several mods about doing this. They are just too ****ing lazy to do it.

10. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Have you checked your firewall and see if its actually letting you patch? Have you gone in your patch folders and cleaned them out and retry to patch. Its been a while since I delt with XP. I have 5 computers in the house with one that has XP. I think it has run as admin if you right click the icon but let me check. I'll get back to you ASAP.

11. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

It's not laziness. Its Busi-ness.
    Be patient. Don't let your enthusiasm for the game get the best of you.
    There's alot of good people here to get you up and running.
    GL

12. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Mine did this just a few days ago! It "sucessfully completed" the patch, but was at the wrong version after, with seemingly no reason for it. What happened was the patch files downloaded but never applied, but the client flagged itself as complete :/ I had to manually copy and re-name the patch files to the files they should have patched, this kind gentleman here posted up the file sizes for me so I was able to match them up.

http://vboards.stratics.com/1870037-post25.html

Seems the patcher just flakes out sometimes, but since it thinks it's done never retries

13. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Try Raptors links good info.

I checked the computer with XP and when you right click your icon you will see Run as..... then when you click that a tab comes up with the user account sercurity. You can uncheck the box which make UO not be UAC protected but it may let you get the full patch. You can always go back in and check the box to make it UAC protected again if you can patch and it works.

14. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

I have never had an issue getting this game to work.

I take that back, I had a power supply start on fire while playing once.

15. I do not seem to have the matching file sizes in the UO folder @ the link you sent raptor but the issue discribed in the thread IS the same issue I am having.
    @ Zosimus Seems you did not read my posts as stated. I have reinstalled from scratch and have turn off all firewalls. I even installed UO on another system and had the same issue. Seems there is something going on with the patches. My patches are not even downloading due to the system thinking it is UPDATED.

16. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ugh, forgot, there's been another patch now so they wouldn't match. I don't have the patch yet myself but if someone who does could post up the filesizes that'd be awesome!

17. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I locked up w/ Vista today, was fine yesterday after patch. I ran UOA as admin, logged in to UO servers fine, then closed UO client and opened it normally via UOA, worked.

18. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

I did read your posts. How did you think I even knew you had XP. Last time I go and check another computer with an old operating system that I have no use for. Hey its cool though. If you still cant patch then have fun. I gave the same help to many in icq yesterday and seemed it worked for them. Its not my issue was just trying to help but you're welcome anyway.