1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] 3 from 50

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Sharantyr, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Sharantyr

Sharantyr Guest

Greetings
    Hows this for luck. Been decorating one of my houses for a few weeks and am nearly there, just need 35ish peculiar snowdrops to finish it. Spent a couple of hours hunting antlions thinking I'll stop when I get 50 seeds, I should have about a third of what I need, I'll hunt some more later. Well.....I got 3 snowdrops from 50 seeds, absolutely fantastic. Anyone else have this kind of luck?

Here's what I got...
    3 snowdrops
    14 juniper bush
    16 hedge
    17 cypress tree

2. Seasseragh

Seasseragh Guest

There seems to be one "rare" plant in each group - I would have guessed it´s the juniper, but hey, could be the snowdrops :)

If you get peculiar poppies, they produce poppy seed, that can be used to ID seed before growing. each plant generates 8 seeds, each has 8 uses, so 64 ID checks per plant.

PS: What shard? If you´re on Europe we can trade.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Think I'm matching your luck......doing the Naturalist quest this morning and have 3 fire seeds in my first 3 attempts to get some peculiar plants in black or white. Blech!!!

4. Sharantyr

Sharantyr Guest

Seasseragh

Thanks. I am on Europa but have enough poppies dust to last til next year :)

Spellbound

I didn't think that was fixed til p58

5. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It's fixed, per Athos, pub 58 was announced on EAJapan already, and the bags of sending are already back. A few unexpected changes came too... a bug with some characters on vet accounts being treated like trial accounts, and gold is 3 times lighter than prepub 58. It's just not on UO Herald yet, but it's live on the shards. Oh finally.... one white juniper bush seed and 4 legacy fire seeds, so it's working!http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=133353

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

7. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I get so many cypress trees I toss them out. The other day I gathered 30 seeds and received NO flax, which of course, is what I needed the most. I SO wish we could cross pollinate the plants. Such a waste of time hunting for nothing.

8. Sharantyr

Sharantyr Guest

Spellbound

My Christmas tree doesn't work. Its one of them days.

Flora

That's painful, about the flax seeds.

Anyway. Here's the next 50.
    10 snowdrops
    7 juniper bush
    12 cypress tree
    21 hedge

9. Seasseragh

Seasseragh Guest

I didn´t mean trading poppy seeds, but I have 8 snowdrops I´d trade for hedges.

PS: plus 4 snowdrop seeds

10. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Haha I had a similar thing happen to me. I needed flax, but out of 50 seeds I got a whopping 3. I think whatever seed you need the most will be the least likely to spawn. :wall:

11. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I commonly don't get flax though. Water lily and cattails are also scarce.

12. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I get ridiculously large amounts of water lily and cattails. I had a dry spell for a while, where I was trying to get them for my house/pond/thingy. But as soon as I stopped needing them, I had a huge abundance of them.

Flax on the other hand... out of thousands of farmed seeds, I've only gotten around 20 flax seeds. Aside from Flax, I probably get less Junipers and Spider Trees than most of the other stuff.

For Group 1 seeds I hunt Titans in Ilshenar, in and outside of the Cyclops dungeon.

For Group 2 seeds I hunt Kappa's, and sometimes Jukka Mages.

For Group 3 seeds I hunt Antlions while doing the Naturalist quests, and also Serpentine Dragons while doing Lord Oaks.

For Group 4 seeds I hunt Wisps while doing Lord Oaks.