1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

3rd party programs - a reminder

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Petra Fyde, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

These programs must not be named on these forums. Thank you.

2. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

Remember, even though 99.9% of everyone in UO has scripted at one point or another, we all have to act like we live in some complete other world where cheat programs do not exist.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Take it up with EA. We do what's required of us as official fan site.

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What a disappointment !!

I was hoping that you were bringing us some great news that finally any and all those using not allowed 3rd party programs would be banned upon using them right away....

And I just see a reminder of not naming them on Stratics, what a disappointment.

I mean, cannot name them on Stratics but using them in UO gets what, exactly, if I may ask ??

Because I still have the impression to see scripters quite often in the game and over days span the names are the same meaning to me, that if they are still there they were not banned.

Personally, I'd much rather prefer NOT TO SEE anyone in the game using them AT ALL (i.e. see players using them banned right away upon using them...) rather than bother much whether or not anyone may name them on some Forums.

Instead, naming them is a no-no but then using them in the game is..... aheam.... what ??

5. Babble

Babble Guest

VOLDEMORT!
    Or he who shall not be named, thou shalt not pass and collect $100
    :p

6. popps

popps Always Present

Uhu ???

A "Fan" site has to strictly follow the rule and enforce it strictly but those who actually are in charge with the game, if I may ask, should them also ban those who use those programs on the spot, right away ?

If so, then why on earth do many among use see what look, sound and smell like players using scripts or hacks over a span of days, hinting that they were not banned??

If a rule is to be obeyed so strictly by a fan site I would imagine, IMHO, that moreso it should be done likewise when dealing with players using not allowed third party programs in the game.

Of course, that's merely my opinion on it.

7. Taylor

Until EA makes Stratics staff game masters, you'll have to take up in-game bans with EA/Mythic. We can't ban people from UO.

8. Babble

Babble Guest

But it is.
    Everyone who starts UO with a 3rd party program is stopped.

Just trust me!
    :)

9. I Play UO

I Play UO Visitor

Because everyone that plays UO doesn't know what it's called, right? How pathetic.

10. Taylor

Have a problem with it, you may contact EA here: https://support.ea.com/.

11. I guess I am the other 0.1%. I have never scripted nor used any 3rd party program. I have never used UOA at any time.I log onto UO to play,not to have a bot to play for me.

12. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Thats insane. Use UOA,EC a macro program that comes with your gaming keyboard/mouse something!! Thats almost like playing Empire Earth 3 using dos and qbasic commands back in the late 80's earlie 90's

13. Boogy

Boogy Visitor

Remember, being part of the "Great Silent Majority" means you can`t talk about reality to these people.

The people crying about 3rd party programs take there VALUABLE time away from spitting on marines and protesting soldiers funerals to come here and enlighten us about there morals.

14. I Play UO

I Play UO Visitor

The whole point of scripting is to do something you don't want to do yourself...

15. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Thanks for the reminder.

Too many riff-raff around here want to believe, and want others to believe, that it is universally acceptable to cheat in a group game; they are quite simply wrong (even if a majority might cheat it is still simply wrong until it is no longer considered cheating. It is truly that simple - the game rules make it this easy to understand).

This is just for -Illegal- 3rd party programs, yup (remember there are legal ones at play) ;)

Cheating is bad.

16. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Then why play? *stares*

17. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to leave this thread open for posts, all I see is trolling. I foresee this thread being locked soon, lol.

18. ress me plz

ress me plz Guest

Honestly, I think that the 99% of the UO players using illegal programs :)

19. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Sorry, going to giggle at you here. "Official fan site" you realize this program didn't last past the beta of SA and went *poof* when Chrissay's job was axed, right? They don't even respond to emails about it anymore.

20. I agree. I pay to play the entire game. Using 3rd party stuff is the lazy persons way out.

21. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well, Stratics knows what they have to do to keep this forum the way it is. They run this place.

22. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

lol, if only they could keep Chat as squeaky clean as they want their fanboy forums to be

23. Taylor

Notice how Stratics has a link listed on UO's homepage under Fansites? We wouldn't be eligible for this space if we allowed the promotion of unapproved third party software. Just because they are not accepting new fan sites does not mean that the old ones don't still exist. Stop spreading misinformation.

http://www.uoherald.com/node/17

24. Martyna Zmuir

Way to radically fail at reading comprehension. My comment had nothing to do with 3rd part aps, just the fansite program itself.

The originally accepted fan sites may still be listed, but the program is defunct. Nobody answers any of the e-mails, the list isn't updated, etc. I.e. nobody is minding the store. (I'd be surprised if the alleged "community" guy even knows about it.)

Also, for your edification, discussions about 3rd party aps are not against the fan site rules. The only mention of them is in regards to links.

From the UO Fan Site Agreement:

The not mentioning program names is a Stratics RoC thing. So you can stop spreading misinformation now, thanks.

25. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I thought uoforums just Recently became a fan site?

26. Taylor

Not allowed to advertise/link to third-party apps on UOForums, either.

27. Taylor

Presumably, you haven't noticed that more recent fan sites, such UOForums (and UOLedger before it), have also cracked down on the subject. Nice try, though. :next:

28. AdamD

AdamD Guest

We were added when the fansite program was first setup.
    We were on the previous iteration to, before Mythic cancelled it.

29. Martyna Zmuir

UOForums was one of the first few Fan Sites, as it was part of the SA Beta code contest the original sites were a part of back in June '09.

30. Martyna Zmuir

Riiiight, because Stratics and UOFourms have a similar rule means it’s part of the Fan Site program...even though it’s not in the literature.

Nice try on covering your ass there, so unless you're going for the old 'Stratics in collusion with the UO Studio" rumor (and dragging UOForums into it), it's still a logic fail.

31. Taylor

This rule has been interpreted and enforced in different ways, by different staff at both Mythic and Stratics, over the course of several years. The most recent interpretation, insofar as it relates to Stratics, is in our RoC. It is based on the stipulations of official fan sites, no matter how strongly you resist the idea.

32. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

written, or un-written, Still a good rule/practice,just my 'opinion'. Everyone complains about scriptors & cheaters, think how messed up the game would be if all 'official' forums could just run amuck, at that point they become just another bug/cheat site, cheapening the game The game disappears at that point.

33. Martyna Zmuir

Oy vey.

I'm not resisting the idea, just the reality of what you've said. Since the Fan Site program existed after Stratics’ RoC, the Program has nothing to do with the rule (Especially since it can be empirically proven that it is not a demand of the Program). The no-naming rule has been in effect since before the Program, and is not an effect of it.

But by all means, please continue changing what you’re saying when proven wrong.

34. Taylor

Stratics RoC has been altered several times, including since the advent of the fansite program.

35. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Is it really that big of a deal or are some people just craving an argument?

36. Taylor

We all have our pastimes. :D

37. Martyna Zmuir

Since yes. For this? No.

38. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Touche! *steps away*

39. My apologies, I didnt realize it was against the rules to state a 3rd party program name. Guess I just get upset when someone on foot can outrun me when Im on a mount then tell me Im a bad player because I am unable to kill him as he speeds off. Or the armor ignores/casting on the run, it just gets old. For years we have heard its illegal, yet today someone told me that they have played since beta and they are still here :(

40. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper

By not using UOA you are putting your own self at a disadvantage (whether you realize it or not). It's a legal program and can be utilized for a lot more features than just macroing. Using the enhanced client can provide you with some of those features now, but not all of them. I'm not sure if you know what all is on there, but you may want to take a look and see if you might like it.

41. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

42. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

43. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Whatever our fan site status, that is our rule. That has always been our rule.
    Please observe the rules you agreed to when creating your account.

If uo players know the names of those programs, they have learned them as I have, through people breaking that rule. No such program has ever, or will ever, find space on my hard drive. There are far more honest players than the dishonest players would like to believe, for that would lessen their excuse for their own dishonesty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.