1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

4 mana regen per sec possible?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MrMiagi, Mar 3, 2008.

1. MrMiagi

MrMiagi Guest

Been looking at the mana regen calculator, 120 med with 140 int, lich form (13 mana regen) 8 mana regen from equipment, focus of 20 or more, all this gives almost 4 mana regen per second according to the mana regen calculator, before I put effort into this setup I would just like some confirmation that this is all correct, does anyone know?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

focus can give 6 mana regen max at 120. so i think you can reach 4 per second but youll probalby need that.

3. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I thought that there was a cap somewhere for mana-regen.

4. There used to be a hardcap, they changed it to a diminishing returns type deal.

5. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Dont forget to summan a wisp to help with it.

6. One way to look at LMC would be to say the 40% cap is like having 40% more mana regen and 40% more mana... dont forget about LMC when putting your suit together. I have a char with 40% LMC, 120 med and some focus that rarely ever needs to meditate even when casting EV's, EQ and wither (is also a necro). The shadow wisps for negative karma chars can help *ALOT* =)

I am sure you know this but by far the fastest way to get mana is by using wraith form with high spiritspeak skill... I can go on a kiling spree casting non-stop as long as what I am attacking has mana to drain! Destard dragons is a good place to go when you have an unlimited mana pool.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I thought that there was a cap somewhere for mana-regen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nominally there is no longer a hard cap, but if I'm not mistaken the max mr from items possible is 29.

8. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Create a test character on Test Center (TC shard). You can get the items in your bankbox and set skills/int to whatever. Then cast spells until your mana is low and use a stop watch, and work out the MR.

I have found that with 0 med/focus, using lich form and lots of mr items will give you less mr than when in lich form with less mr items. Go figure.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I didn't go in depth into forms, but if your numbers are right then you're golden.

Really though the best way is just to jump on test and see, it's how I verfied it was correct. Just set int to 25 then back up to 125 and you have a nice round 100 mana regenerated then use the time you get to turn that into your mana per second.

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah- I sorta lucked into my suit: 65-70 resists, 100% LRC, 40%+ LMC, and it's a shame I can't get full use of the 4/6 casting on it. Everything I got myself, in PVM or crafting, with the only real valuable part of the suit the Orny I got in doom in 2004