1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

4 months, question still not answered :-/ *throws a giant BBQ rib*

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dan123The123Man, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, kind of aggrivating... I know back in March I had asked a question for the developers and that "CC Art Revert" question has been the big thing since then... I was told that the questions appear once they are answered. So I check today and the new question that was answered was "Destruction of Mag Weapons..."
    Any chance someone can take a few minutes to have a look at the question I asked almost 4 months ago? In the "Ask The Devs" section of the forums.

I mean, I know it's probly going to be a "no" since i've waited this long without any update, but could I atleast get a reason? I mean, this is a pretty big BBQ rib i'm throwing here.

Raptor85 likes this.
  2. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have questions back to 2009 that still havent been answered in there so don't feel like they're only ignoring you :/

3. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

holy crap, LOL!

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Same here.

5. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I wish us non-mods could see what questions have been posted and how many hits each has gotten.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If it's any consolation, most of the mods can't see in there either and
    I have unanswered questions of my own in there.
    Sometimes it's difficult to even realise your question has been answered, because the answer has come in a bug fix in a publish, or a sentence in a video, so it doesn't really show up in the forum.
    [edit]
    I had a look the question is there. Personally speaking, I am doubtful that it would be seen as a priority issue to be honest.

7. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What question did you ask ?

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'm curious about something on a similar topic - a short while back we had a great thread collecting organized ideas (why/how/result/etc), since they're not really questions, more so just suggestions - but I think they still beg to ask, Can we have this? What's the best thing to do, send them in collectively, or just forget about it, moving on, figuring a Dev saw it and took any notes they wanted? Thinking it was said once to email them in - does anyone ever get a reply back with that method?

9. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wouldn't hold your breath, you tried.......anyone else's idea on how questions should be answered, why, or when is a single blade a grass in a big field, or a massive weed, take your pick.

For what it's worth, the search option isn't working on my end, so finding answers or info is mute.
    If you been playing as long as I have, just log on, do your thing, and roll with the punches. Uo is what it is, never be what it was, and can only get more materialistic as the months go on.

10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think its safe to say that almost everyone has unanswered questions there...

11. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

To be honest UO Staff do read the posts and questions, but what happens after is a paper shuffel. If the idea or question had merrit it went in a report and was read by someone up the food chain. If you havent noticed we are on the bottom of the food chain in the EA family of games. This means finances are not what they once were and staff and time are on a clock. Any of us who have worked for a major company know how the chain in the office works. Many of us have seen ideas come to fruition in game, but the majority have been shelfed do to time restraints in coding or staff time, others have been deemed to far out there to deal with that the time they were sent..... like when staff changes * we all really didnt know what was up when Cal left is prime example* All the ideas he liked where did they go? My guess is the circular file. Like his theme was small pacs set up for 6 to 8 month launches High Seas was our first....and last. I also kow it takes sometimes years to get something that was asked for... one person might think its silly and another might give it true thought and act on it.... in this only time will tell.

12. sativa green

sativa green Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

posting on Jeff's twitter usually results in a reply

13. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

"Ask the Devs" is where questions go to die :p

RIP innocent questions [​IMG]

Raptor85 likes this.
  14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have gone back in the that forum to October 2011. There is only one thread in there started by you, and that is dated May 2nd, so nothing like 4 months old.
    Can you confirm what question you submitted please?