1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

42.0 throwing

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by LordTesla, Sep 15, 2009.

1. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

And I can't get ANY gains, no matter what... I have thrown at everything... NOTHING gives me gains.

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What are you throwing at? I'm throwing at brown bears and the Crystal ball of knowledge tells me its optimal so the gains are fine.

You realy should get this globe, tells you perfectly if you throwing towards the right monster /animal. :)

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm at 52 throwing and for that ettins in Despise are optimal.

4. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

I have it... Eveyrthing is optimal... I am at 540 skill points, I should be gaining!@

5. MudFace

MudFace Guest

Do you have a shield equiped? if so try droping the shield,on open beta if you had a shield up while throwing you wouldnt gain for some reason. I dunno if they fixed that for the live version or not but wouldnt hurt to try if you do use a shield

6. Drawde2

Drawde2 Guest

Just the standard answers to these types of questions, so sorry if they don't apply in your situation. But these are often the problem.

Do you have any skill points left to gain, or do you have a skill marked to go down for the points? Or did you accidentally mark throwing to not gain?

7. Syndan

Syndan Guest

Im at 80 throwing and have to say its pretty quick, at 40 i hit up the graveyards first and gained up till about 60, then started on some lizard men, til around 70 or so and just moved up to alternating betweem ogres, trolls, and ettins earth eles to get up to 80. Also i would not wear a shield even at gm parry it still hinders my hits so im still running around without one. I have a little bit of swords skill too it seems to help on the closer hits a good bit.

I've also just been using a boomerang no CW or EOO so i get more hits on a single monster.

8. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just like any other weapon skill, your skill gain is based on what you're hitting. Go hit something tougher.

9. Lilweezybaby

Lilweezybaby Guest

My opinion, if you are using a new garg char and stuck at 42 throwing...head out to new haven.

10. Evlar

Evlar Guest

Has anyone not tried the old Golem trick, as tends to work quite well enough with other weapon skills? :thumbsup:

11. Lilweezybaby

Lilweezybaby Guest

My guildies were using a Cu and gaining throwing off of them...I believe they did use an altered 100 poison wep on a golem to gain the swords to negate the HCI issue.