1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

571ms latency to east coast shards

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Revan123, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Revan123

Revan123 Seasoned Veteran

Is there a reason I'm pinging from 500-600 to all east coast shards today, when I have 40mbps upload speeds, 80 mbps download speeds, and EVERYTHING ELSE on the internet is still lightning fast? It's only UO that's slow. I can't even move in game. This never happened before the servers were changed. I pay enough for Ultima Online and I refuse to pay extra for a tunnel program only for it to not help, just because Ultima wanted to switch to (cheaper?) crappier servers.

2. Orich

Orich Seasoned Veteran

Ultima switched to EC2. Not sure what you consider "crappy", but I'm pretty sure EC2 doesn't qualify.

That being said, I too have been experiencing really bad lag ... especially during peak hours.

3. BrianATudor

BrianATudor Adventurer

ive got 1 of the fastest connections out of anyone i have ever spoken to. That being said, it feels like im on 56k when I play uo lately... for at least a month now

4. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Fat pipe != Low latency.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

6. Revan123

I keep getting an error message: (Socket error getting server list). I created a folder labeled "UOTrace", placed the program in the folder, and created a notepad file labeled "SERVER.cfg." and copy and pasted the server information onto the file. I then opened the program and attempted to update the server list and got that message.

7. Revan123

would you like for me to run a traceroute on command prompt?

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Do not update the server list - that's what you did when you created that file. See item 3 on that link I posted
    If you are happier running tracert that's fine. I'm afraid I don't know the command prompt to do a poll that way, but I'm sure someone here can help with that one.

#8 Petra Fyde, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  9. Revan123

i didn't update the server list. I only created the notepad file. I ran a tracert and am pinging 15ms. But that's ordinary pre-primetime. I'm going to run it again when my ping shoots up and show you it. This is the non-primetime traceroute: [​IMG]

#9 Revan123, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    Lord Frodo likes this.