1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Peacemaking] @ 63.0 skill, using GM Instruments... gains...terrible.

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Pazuzu, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

I'm trying to re-GM Peacemaking (don't ask.../sigh), Im at 63.0 or so (Music is 100.0), I'm using exceptional/GM made instruments, and gains are terrible. I have Area Peace mapped to spacebar and I run around with it held down. Is there a way to speed this up? O_O

2. Scoobs

Scoobs Guest

I can't advise on how best to technically train the skill, but I have been training all my old skills again (don't ask either!). The most painless way is to train 2 or 3 skills at a time so that you are being challenged when fighting.

For example, I put provoke and music on my fighter and trained mace, provoke and hiding all at the same time. I would guess that this was probably slower than clicking madly for a couple of days but at least I am making money and having fun!

Even Earth eles can hit hard when your suit is cr*p.

3. Gellor

Gellor Guest

This is most of your problem. When training, you do NOT want exceptional instruments. You want a pile of store bought instruments.

From there, it is indeed a ton of time. You could also try going to play with the Satyrs:thumbup1:

4. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

All the stickies say to use GM Instruments until I believe 90ish, then switch to vendor-bought.

5. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You can use gm made all the way. I just sat in my house and peaced away.

6. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

you can use either if your using the area peace instead of targeted.

gains will be faster with NPC ones as you wont be getting the bonus.