1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

7 Day House Timer

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Slayvite, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is it really nessesary to have this timer still turned ON anymore?

I ask as i recently returned to UO and like everyone else who returns, went straight to place a house.
    I found a plot 13x15 so i used the placement tool and got the plot.

Now as i was walking around finding if old shops were still there i found another spot 18x18 in an excellent location but i couldn't take it as i'm hit by the 7 Day timer now.

Checked back today and that location is gone to what i can only see as a blank plot, nothing built on it or even been named.

Their dont seem to be enough people playing UO anymore to warrant this timer still being turned on?

Any chance we get get it removed? Give people a chance to get those really nice spots from Idoc's instead of the plot merchants?

2. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I'm pretty sure you can drop your house and place another, with no timer. The timer is if you KEEP your existing house and try to place another.

3. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Can nobody else confirm/deny this?
    I'd hate to drop the plot i got now only to find i then have no plot for another 4 days?

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I believe you can only place a house once every 7 days. Unsure if dropping will allow you to place.

5. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

This is the correct response.

6. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

i concur

7. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot

yes the only timer you will incur is a 1 hour timer after you have placed, this means, in most cases you cannot demolish your new plot for 1 hour, then you can demolish and place elsewhere, again incurring an hour timer

if you place a house and think it will go bigger, again after 1 hour, go to house sign and say

"i wish to resize my house"

your plot will disappear and you can replace it, safe than NO-ONE can jump in a slap a plot in, you have 1 hour to get this done, then the space is up for grabs

just ignore the spam that comes up about 7 day timer, you can place, but ONLY if you demolish your old house first

what you cannot do, is place a house, run arnound, place another etc

also, with regards to idoc plot merchants, those days are loooooong gone aren't they? seeing as there is so much space out there? (europa)