1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

7 day rule for housing? what is it?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Sariah, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sariah

Sariah Visitor

Have placed a small house but would like to resize. Was reading about a 7 day rule for housing, can't find anything on it. Can someone explain whether I can resize my house now or do I have to wait 7 days???

2. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can resize your house, just stand under the sign and say I wish to resize my house. Make sure it's empty, as it will remove your current house and block house placement for anyone but you for an hour. Then just us your tool to replace the house the size you desire. If you don't like what you resized, you have to wait an hours do it again. The 7 day rule is for placing another home, or trading for another. Sometimes there is a bug if you try to resize right after placement, so it's good to wait till after the next server up.

3. Sariah

Sariah Visitor

Ok, so I originally placed last Thursday. Not sure when the next server up was/is. Am new to the game. Do you think it's safe to resize now?

4. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

Yes, you can resize now. The servers go through maintenance every morning, usually sometime between 5-7am local server time. Server up is usually 15-30 minutes after the server goes down.

5. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thought I understood this. But why do they allow my account to place a new home, but they won't let me receive one in trade for another 55 hours? Two different timers?! Very odd, no?

6. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is not odd (since that is a remain how the 7 days timer originally was intended to work, block after placement and after getting traded a house), but inconsistent and annoying, since you can place a house while homeless.
    Inconsistent, because (I think it is still correct) you get the 7 days block for placement/trade also, if you had another house, placed and removed both houses from your account or in the situation you placed, demolished or traded house and want another house get traded to you after being homeless again.