1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] 70 damage increase on a sword?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Deception, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Deception

Deception Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I came across someone holding this sword today:

A viking sword of exceptional quality
    exceptional
    [imbued]
    hit energy area 50%
    hit lightning 50%
    swing speed increase 30%
    damage increase 70%

Does anyone know how to accomplish such a high damage increase on a metal weapon?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Sounds like a bug where the EX bonus on a REALLY old item wasn't recognized by the Imbuing process as a property. In 2003 (and earlier for how long?), 20% was the default exceptional bonus - it could also be a property converted over from before AoS not being recognized. I can't remember the exact era that "double exceptional" items came from.

3. Quilnn

Quilnn Guest

Actually, 50% of the damage increase was IMBUED onto the sword. The sword was a prepatch viking sword with a minimum of 20 damage increase (From T2a or Rennassiance I believe). These swords are valuable as the 20 damage increase doesn't count as a mod when imbuing.