1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

700k or 1 million?

Discussion in 'Age of Conan Stratics' started by al-Maroc, Jun 30, 2008.

1. al-Maroc

al-Maroc Guest

2. Elm

Elm Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

The previous newsblast was that they had shipped out 1 million copies of the game:

3. al-Maroc

al-Maroc Guest

ah mea culpa for thinking that meant subs

that's kinda like how Casablanca shipped out 1 million of each of Kiss' solo records in the late 70s so they could say they shipped platinum albums

Edit: btw, I had bought the Peter Criss one :D
  4. Thorstein

Thorstein Guest

Serious KISS fans had all 4 :p
  5. WarandWin

WarandWin Guest

When they said they have more than 1 million users, they refer that the users were subscribers to the web, and when they said 700k users, they are the players who bought the game.
  6. Ironforge

Ironforge Guest

The numbers will bounce around a lot until the Q4 financials come out if they even release the real numbers there. There are a lot of people attempting the game and trying it out and a lot of the one month free trials are coming to an end. Its getting to the point where players have to make the decision to pay or not.

I enjoy the game and will stick around. Hopefully others do as well.
  7. ApacHeAM

ApacHeAM Guest

I bet we are a poor 70k still playing..........
  8. SWATJester

SWATJester Guest

As a note, those of us who have spent time in the games industry know that numbers aren't always accurate or truthful. The best thing to do is check the videogame sales tracker charts, the MMORPG charts, the business journals for the entertainment and electronic industries, etc. It gets you a more rounded picture.