1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

9/9/15 Dev Meet And Greet On Lake Superior Transcript

This is a transcript of the Lake Superior Dev Meet and Greet that took place on 9/9/15. The dev statements are color coded for easy reference.
Tags:
  1. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

Riyana submitted a new Article:

9/9/15 Dev Meet And Greet On Lake Superior Transcript

Read more about this article here...

Fogsbane and CovenantX like this.
  2. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ugh. Why did she have them speak in caps? Gave up reading it after the first few questions.

3. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

One of the players there couldn't see well.

4. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hmm. Fair enough then I suppose.

5. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Any tamer (insert class) that macros "all kill" all through their question turn should be killed on the spot. Body burned. And question not responded to. Learn to tie your macros to the ctrl key or something

Uvtha, MalagAste and Lord Frodo like this.
  6. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Governor Campaign Patron UWF

People who have 20+ macros don't want to have to hit control and then possibly a key on the other side of the keyboard. So get over it.

Vor likes this.
  7. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Well they come off as idiots.

MalagAste and Lord Frodo like this.
  8. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Then take a Char that doesn't have all this **** on it. Why is it so damn hard to be polite at these mets, oh I know because people like to be RUDE. DERP

Uvtha and Capt. Lucky like this.
  9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I agree and the boat command person too... I just wonder about people sometimes.

The DEVs took time out of their evening to come talk to folk on LS the least folk can do is be polite and not spam silly stuff while trying to have a serious discussion with the DEVs. Just saying. If you want them to take you seriously then you ought to act like it.

Capt. Lucky and Lord Frodo like this.
  10. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

I have a macro on just about 80% of my keys. When I am trying to talk in game, I hit the caps lock on, hold shift, and type. It accomplishes two things; Common courtesy (especially to the roleplayers), and it's allowing the recipient to be able follow along with what I am actually saying.

Anyone who pvp's knows that it is a disadvantage to have to tie all spells/macros to the ctrl/ alt keys. If you are a mage, it becomes cumbersome to try to hit ctrl and reach halfway across your keyboard with one hand while controlling the mouse with the other. The best way to go is with a gaming keyboard for the extra buttons... which I of course never use.

Turn caps lock on, hold shift and type.

Lord Frodo, Uvtha and Capt. Lucky like this.
  11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Which if you use the EC they added the hit enter to type thing first. This way you can type without borking macro's... and you can use all your keys without talking like a fool and spamming things you don't want to when you don't want to.

DJAd and Capt. Lucky like this.
  12. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

yes some of us are seeing impared. iam also spelling Impaied. I solved the seeing problem by by a 32 ich tv to use as amonitor. still have a lil trouble seeing in game text. girkle

Lord Frodo likes this.
  13. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So seems the biggest announcement from the Devs LS Meet and Greet is "Macros are Annoying." cool. i dont have to read it now. :facepalm:

whiterabbit likes this.