1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] 90 plants cross polled, not one of them with mutant seed

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by FrejaSP, Oct 27, 2010.

1. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

A I'm the only one who get zero black or white seed this days?

I'm sure very unhappy as I need alot white and black plants for my plant dyes.

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I recently cross pollinated 10 plants and received one black mutant. But prior to that, I cross pollinated 100+ plants and didn't get a single one. I also did the quest 40 times and received only 7 black seeds, the bulk of them were fire and the rest were white. It's been really hard for me to maintain black clippings.

3. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Aye the luck with xpolly for mutants is very very random ...

I also can go long without one mutation and then sudden get 2 on 25 plants.

That's RNG for ya ...

Like I usually get 6-7 SoRs on 25 plants ... that's like 1 on 3 ...
    After months of trying I finally mutate a white bonsai ... figures, taking the seeds off this one, I got 2 SoR !!!

As for the B&W seeds, I just rely on the quest, I do 5 each day and am happy if I only get 2 fire ...
    I do not rely on mutations anymore because it is just too darn random.

4. Boomers

Boomers Guest

i just use the quest as well, i have 200 plants in rotation and hardly ever get mutants anymore so i just removed the x-factor of cross polly and let the plants i want to keep self polly and collect my SoRs..

5. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I just cross polled 20 more plants, still no mutant. It make me very sad. I hate running the quests over and over again

6. sherkborg

sherkborg Guest

For rare seeds they should make it where maybe they have a low chance to produce a viable seed (out of 8 when you attempt you get maybe 1 per plant maybe 2) or make it so out of 8 seeds when planted they wont survive a day or two and maybe 1-2 plants will live after inital planting. Either way would be better in my opinion.

7. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I've crossed more than 500 orange pampass grass plants and have not gotten any mutants. I've stopped trying to cross now, too tedious and too fickle RNG.

8. FrejaSP

Maybe they removet the system, it's very sad if they did. Maybe it have to do with the new white leather dye, they want to make it more valuable