1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

9th Anni Upgrade - An Update

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nastia Cross, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

So I've been dealing with EA's customer service people for over a month now. When I upgraded to SA, the accounts that were also upgraded to the 9th Anniversary were no longer able to use the house tiles. Anyway, I received the following message today:

FREE I said to myself?? That's awesome. YEAAHHH... when I checked again on my accounts in the Customize House option, I am still not able to use the tiles... "You must upgrade to the latest Expansion Pack in order to place those tiles".

Can someone from EA PLEASE fix this issue? Thanks...

2. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oh, that's just completely ridiculous. Glaringly apparent that that person hasn't got a clue whatsoever.

It's clearly stated that upgrading to SA gives access to all previous expansions. It says absolutely nothing, nor infers that it also includes any Anniversary Edition content. It appears to be working correctly as is intended.

As to your situation, you say you have accounts that ARE registered for 9th AE but that can no longer access those tile sets. That's messed up and they need to fix it.

Funny how that email mentions absolutely nothing about you telling them you are upgraded and registered but still cannot access those tile sets.

Again I say, clueless, completely and unacceptably clueless.

3. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Looks like you was wrong aye?

4. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Another quick and positive response from EA Customer Support. Yeah, they play UO too? I do not think so.

Sorry about your headache man, submit it in the ask the dev section or through feedback, best of luck to you.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Nastia, I want to be really clear about what's going on here. Prior to upgrading to SA you had access to the 9th anniversary tiles? You had used them before?

6. Ezekiel Zane

Or, as I said, the customer service rep that responded to her is completely clueless? Hmm, that's never happened has it.

7. Ezekiel Zane

That's what she's claimed in more than one thread on the subject.

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Chrissay went over this before when they added the free upgrade to ML. The Shadow and Crystal House tiles were a bonus for ordering the anniversary edition and are not a part of any expansion included in the free upgrade.

Now that you have it in writing, I'd push the issue till they give it to everyone!

9. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Then Ezekiel was right and i was wrong...i apologize Ezekiel...

10. Ezekiel Zane

Haha, poor guy will probably get canned for it too. I know EA isn't going to give a $20 upgrade away for free. They're way too greedy to do that. They dang well need to get it available at uogamecodes for sale though.

11. Ezekiel Zane

No worries man, no worries.

12. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Considering it is a minor item compared to the ML freebie - and you can't really buy it anymore - I'd hope they would do it - though it may be wishful thinking...

I had all accounts with the 9th anniversary access and had no trouble after upgrading to SA.

13. Ezekiel Zane

I've had no trouble either. I had 5 accounts registered for 9th AE. I've upgraded 4 to SA and all shadow and crystal tiles work on those 4 accounts. I checked after these threads started popping up.

14. Ezekiel Zane

It may be a minor item in the grand scheme of things but we all paid $20 for it. I spent $100 and I don't even use any of those tile sets. They're horrid.

15. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Yes and yes. I even gave them my upgrade codes.

16. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

Out of curiosity, since you have your 9th upgrade codes, have you tried re-applying them?

17. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Yup, won't apply because they've already been used.

18. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Wouldn't it be nice to deduct the $20 from your monthly charge to play UO? You could always offer to pay it back when they fixed this for you... Offer this treat up to them and see what they say :thumbup:

19. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

"Your account has been banned for harassing EA representatives" most likely.

20. altarego

altarego Guest

This confusion and lack of support for the tiles are a good thing; they need to be phased out.

Those crystal and necro tile sets are gaudy and an eyesore - at the very least. They only appeal to the childish cartoon-loving characters.

Give access back to those who paid for them. But never allow them to be freely available. They are a travesty to the ultima universe.

21. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The dev team are aware of this problem and working on it.

22. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I agree the crystal set is horrid, but the shadow set is decent. I used it for my place - and if anything is "gaudy" it's not the walls! :p

23. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

You've inspired me to make five crystal borg cube 18x18s.

Congrats!

24. canary

canary Guest

Yeah, they tend to be aware of a lot of 'problems', the question is if they'll ever do anything about it. :thumbdown: